Trying to find SK dps sweet spot AA's

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Araknix, May 26, 2016.

1. Araknix New Member

As title suggests im trying to find a decent enough AA build for Shadowknight DPS.

So far when looking up the AA's of top end guild's SKs i seem to only find AA builds labeled DPS but seem to leave out damage dealing AA's and include mostly tanking specific abilities. Is there a reliable way to get some DPS out of a SK if absolutely need be. Be it Heroic or early raids....Im just looking for an offspec.
  2. Mandoblast Active Member

You can take a look at my SK. I have him in DPS gear and stance atm.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/450972583594

DPS on an SK is tricky because the most reliable damage comes from spells hence double cast. I am working on getting the belt from the scourge keep that gives doublecast, flurry, and mit. The other problem with DPS on the SK is tanking. Mit is needed to tank so I have a bunch of pieces I swap in to tank. I dont need long temps to solo or some easy groups, but if the content requires me to stay alive longer, then I will flip to my main tank spec.

Having said all that, if you can keep agro and stay alive, you are doing your job.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Most guilds who are serious about grouping/raiding will NOT take a SK for dps. However, if you are in a guild that whose goal is fun, that's a different story. I am an AoE DPS SK and I have fun doing that. Our zerk MT is above me on damage overall, but I'm usually third on dps for our group, depending on the fights. But we care more about fun and did we win, not how fast did we do it in.