Trouby's New nickname

Discussion in 'Troubador' started by ARCHIVED-tolakee, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-tolakee Guest

Well, I really wasnt surprised, neither was anyone else because no one defended us trouby's (even the Troubs themselves) when I saw spam for a raid wanting dirges and not......*T*A*R*D*S!!!! Followed by some LOL's.
    Trouby+bARD=*T*A*R*D*=raytarded trouby bard (had to misspell-offensive to someone) Geees even the word is banned from this site...hahaha...go figure!
    Really??? Has it come to this??? We are a dying class, not many want us or need us much anymore. Not really a scout, not really a mage. Just needed for some buffs, other then that we dont do anything much. Sure we can parse 80-100+...if your lucky enough to be a awsome group set up.
    Give us back our honor and love!!!!!
    sorry about all the **** Our new name is offensive and is NOT allowed but I quess its ok to be called that in game.
  2. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Big time boost to group DPS, and our raid trouby does about 130k DPS on most fights. Not sure why you think troubies are not wanted. (Our raid has all EM gear and about 4-5 nameds in HM down.)
  3. ARCHIVED-tolakee Guest

I actually love my Trouby and I know the potenial. I myself with half EZ mode gear have parsed 83K. Lately it seems dirges are requested alot more. It was just a little upsetting to see us kicked around that way. Those who PL and dont really know the class have given us a bad name and the constant griping and whining in forums does not help. So, thats why it didnt surprise me. Thank you for replying so that people can see that YES Troubies rock!!..if given the chance to do so other then buff this one or that one with UT and "we just need your buffs". I have seen so many Troubs quit playing the class because IMO they get confused on priority of exactly why they are needed...No one take the to heart please, im NOT saying all Troubs dont know the class, just some of them. We can buff AND DPS.
  4. ARCHIVED-Alpharaz Guest

I am enjoying this boost they gave us. I have returned to my trouby and found a new love for that class with the extra ae and aoe spell changes along with the nice temporary hate transfer and being able to spam jesters cap much more often in a small group setup , but what i have feared came true... Instead of boosting our dps up to where dirges were they just nerfed the dirges all to heck and gave us a slight dps boost with some fun toys. that hurts both bards. In my observation dirges were plentiful before the nerf and troubies were scarce, so troubies were more needed and even as fun as the dirge class was to play there was so much of them active on the server that it would be harder to get in a group/raid with a dirge becuase of that. now the tables are turned our class is much more fun to play and as a result there is a lot more active troubies on the server, and a lot of dirges got mad and quit or betrayed making them more needed. I suggest a class fix, of course it will be ignored, but i atleast have to put my 2 cents in. replace the potency with CB in the dirges myth buff and give us that potency in our myth buff. boom! we both get a slight dps boost, not an overpowered boost, and by doing this making both bards even more fun to play with a little extra personal dps, but not to stray too far from the OP i agree thats funny nickname but offensive.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bloodydreams36 Guest

Well I play a troub in raid and see alot of diff in playing style etc. I Think SOE should have looked at the class alittle harder. IDK about dps pars in grp but I know with my raid spec in raid I can pars around 150k(close Duelwield meleeing) on trash mobs (mostly HM gear). My problem is that I feel that SoE doesnt see the class right. If I keep my buffs going etc on names most the time I pars low(having to Range and all that). My problem isnt so much with my pars, its with my Squishies and ppl wanting us in grp. At least 9 times out of 10 a grp wont take a troub unless they cant get a dirge. I have also seen a grp make up in raid with Troub, Dirge, Assassin, Conj, Sk, Inquis. The pars order was Assassin Conj Dirge sk inquis then Troub. My personal make up in raid is Lock, Wiz, Illy, Fury, Me (troub) and last spot a random floater. Since I have a spec for just helping Squishy they love me but I would like to see my Squishies get more out of my buffs. A dirge spec'd right could get some of the same grp dps, with a small hit but would have rez. As far as I can tell even with my buffs Expert/Mastered the Squishies get some dps boast but a troub wont make or break a raid so alot of the guilds and grps prefer Dirge. I would like to see Troubs get an extra boast to squishies or something that would let us seem better for a most squishy grp. I have nothing agaisnt Dirges and dont want them Nerfed by all means. I play a dirge as well, but it just seems like Troubs get a short stick here.
  6. ARCHIVED-tolakee Guest

Exactly, well said
  7. ARCHIVED-Gimmiethat Guest

Karima@Everfrost wrote:
    Gotta say... yep.
  8. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

Zarcha@Lucan DLere wrote:
    If they didn't want *t*a*r*d*s, then they clearly need to leave the raid for someone who isn't one.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

sadly alot of troub buffs go unnoticed, you know how tanks scream for the dirges 37% hate buff.. but who needs more hate when your entire group has 46% less threat gen cause of the troub? the list does go on...

also, how many troubs really get to 320 aa and stick with it.