Trouble with sales crates, boxes, bags

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Free, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Free New Member

Thank you for doing whatever you can do.
  2. Tanjele New Member

This issue persists and no comment in the update notes as to it being fixed, what's up?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The new update notes have not yet been posted. They are working on it frantically.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Update notes aren't up (at least that I've seen). Issue is supposed to be fixed with next update, /fingers crossed, hopefully that means tomorrow.
  5. Tanjele New Member

Notes are up! No mention of a fix.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since it's a backend thing, it might not get a mention.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

First line on the update notes:

GENERAL
    • Corrected a bug that prevented items with database ID's exceeding 9 quintillion from being able to be placed on the broker, infused, reforged, etc, etc, etc.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Dolgrin Active Member

Simple patchnote translation: 64-bit signed integer overflow on Id's.
    Magic number: 2^63 − 1 = 9,223,372,036,854,775,807
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

ahha!! i knew that lots of the random glitches i've been seeing had to do with overflow. i'm guessing there's still some (lots?) of 32 bit ints around.

why on earth do people use signed ints except that they're the default /rhetoricalQuestion off
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

With all of the itemization occurring in the past couple of months, I believe that they have created a script that will allow them to change all the items in a zone to certain parameters, this resulted in new IDs being created for almost everything which caused items to not be able to be brokered, reforged, placed in the wardrobe, etc.

I do not believe any one person went through all those items one by one and decided upon the itemization. I could be wrong and probably am wrong. But seeing as I have counted over 1000 items being changed within the last 3 weeks alone, this is my belief.
    Dude likes this.