Troubie looking for some AA specs to study

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Grandavi, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Grandavi Active Member

Wondering if anyone knows of an outstanding Troubie in EQU that I can look over. I am starting to work on my Ogre Troubie (Grandancer) and I'm not familiar enough with him (stopped him at lvl 60 back in 2009) to really know how he would fare in a group setting. So far, I notice that he's great solo'ing with a merc, but I want someone that would do well in a group/raid environment.

Probably easiest way is to look at someone with a fully built Troubie that is known to be effective. Honestly have only seen 2 of them on Skyfire and haven't been able to catch them to look over their build/spec setup.
  2. Grandavi Active Member

Anybody have a name for EQU I can look at for a troubie? (gonna go search, but it's nice knowing a name that is a proven effective player)

**edited to add... found one. Just perusing now to see the "what's" and "why's" so I can try it in a couple hours or days when the servers are back up... **
  3. Sowy Active Member

My advice is to search in EQ2U using resolve or potency levels to get you a few profiles of at least people that are well geared. Then compare the specs and see what makes sense and what doesn't.

Take some time to test out the things that "don't" make sense immediately before writing them off, because sometimes there's a reason. A lot of AAs changed and a lot of formerly bad things are good and there are still a fair amount of buggy AAs all over the place.

I'll probably start posting info again after i rebetray to troub and gear up a bit.
  4. Moonfyre Everquesting since 1999

The troub aa's can be a bit hard to figure out for sure. There are a few aa's that are for old abilities and are no longer useful and a few are bugged and not doing what they are supposed to (Harmonization is one) :(
    I am definitely not the master troub in the game, but I get by. lol If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message on Discord and I will help you with what I can.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

fuya on skyfire is a great troub
    Moonfyre likes this.
  6. Grandavi Active Member

Thank you, I will peek at the AA specs. Just went through, reset everything and then noticed that things were missing again.

I like looking to see what's useful, play a bit and see how my style aligns.. and then going back in again. But its a bit of a battle to do it with the amount of specs they have introduced since Kunark days and they don't all make sense really.
    Weird thing is... the harvesting goblin isn't showing up and the harvest tracking ability isn't there. (could be because I am only lvl 76 as I clean up old content...)

Been playing this troubie for about 2 weeks solid to catch up on languages, etc... and clean up the quest journal from 2009... and remember now that I really like playing solo with the troubie, but think he would really shine as a group member.

What is good (and sucks at the same time in a way...) is that when you hit lvl 100 with any toon now, you can use the "new" gear and generally chrono down and do any Raids you missed.. lol. Pluses and minuses to that...

The game gets less complex as time goes on and I start understanding how everything ties in. Still don't understand how Potency, Resolve and Haste factor in (gearwise) other than target numbers (which aren't really achievable until lvl 110-120 anyway...)

Ah well.. back to making my ogre sing... hopefully I get him functional. I hate being "that guy" in the group who doesn't quite play it properly...