Troubadour playstyle

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by samirish, Apr 21, 2017.

1. samirish New Member

Can someone pls give me a short run down of what the play style is like for a end game raiding troubadour?
  2. Fairin Active Member

Aggressive, Competitive, Reactive, Counted on. Underdog *secret* T1 DPS
  3. Airvh Active Member

Now this kind of playstyle is very tough so you will NEED to pay attention to every word. First you need to get setup with a raid group and as soon as you do that you run behind the mob and turn on autoattack. This is where it gets complex. You need to go afk and go get some Noms. Chips and Drink are great. :p Troubador DPS isn't amazing so most likely nobody will notice you not being there since troubs are mostly there for their extra buffs that their songs do all the time.
    Vulnere, Crastinal and Fairin like this.
  4. Talduke Active Member

Our troub parses with our t1s on shorter fights and with brigs/swashes on longer ones.
  5. Fairin Active Member

need to not say that too loud... we like the auto attack afk method... lest the raid leaders give us actual jobs.
  6. Pitta Active Member

Troubs are more dps than sorcerers.
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Hariken Member

Alot of people seem to dump on Troubs. I have a lvl 100 and do raids and group stuff with my guild and we have a blast. Pugs in any mmo are a bad thing to do. People need to learn to play their class and you can really learn from a good guild.
  8. learpilot74 Active Member

People who dump troubs dont know the game. They may not outright parse higher than some other classes...but throw VCs and jest cap in there with the other boosts they give the group...they are actually very high dps
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. Cefur Member

So I have been hearing alot of whining from Troubs lately. What's seems to ail thee?
  10. Carni Active Member

Somewhere my dirge is smirking.....
  11. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Troubie playstyle = join group, toss up lots of buffs, go get a sammie, & profit.

O wait, did you say 2008 called & wants its post back :D
    Febrith likes this.
  12. Determind Active Member

What are the best buffs for a troub to play in a group? Seems there isn't enough concentration to play them all.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

You can play everything except the effect reflection then pick between arcane and elemental concerto depending on the zone. For Tomb of the Venerated, I run elemental, for vaedenmoor i run arcane, etc.
  14. Fairin Active Member

you can safely drop serenade from your songline up if your dps sit at -50 naturally / have a necro in the group / someone else provides the buff. i run reflection, magic, agi, element/arcane 24/7 mainly because of the buffs tied to them and having -hate is a waste if someone else is doing it.