troubadour cast order

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by learpilot74, Dec 7, 2016.

1. learpilot74 Active Member

Hellos,

Newer troubadour here. I am having a hard time finding up to date resources on troubs and their casting order. Squeezing what dps I can, while providing the most buffs I can for the group, I would like to ask for help on what you guys use for casting orders. Thanks!
  2. Munchiez New Member

Just reroll Beastlord. Bards are basically useless and bring nothing to a raid anymore.
  3. Oonasta New Member

Quiet wierd when everyone wants a troub or dirge in all parties.
  4. Tajar Well-Known Member

Yeah, what ^ said. Bards are still very useful. I got no idea how to play one though, sorry OP :(
  5. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I didn't pick up KA so I can't really give any help with the ascension stuff. There isn't really a set cast order for troub which is why the class was so fun for me. About the only thing that remained constant was the RO order if you had enough time to actually land every attack. If there is enough time use debuffs first. I typically started with vexing to start my auto attack so some damage was going out while I was landing zanders, demoralizing, and disheartening. Jcap highest pot group/raid member to lowest (I usually waited until the RO was finished to continue down the Potency list to the 2nd and 3rd person and usually kept it to 3 targets). After the first Jcap is when I use Depressing Chant since it will only have a 24 second duration, and you want it to last through RO and most of VC. Temp up, and RO. If you spend the points in AA to extend RO you can squeeze 2 evades in as long as you cast it right after starting RO. Everything beyond that is pretty much dependent on the size of the encounter. I tend to stick to rapid fire CA's vs. long casting blues unless there are more than 3 targets. Hope this helps. I would assume that acension abilities have high damage and RO would probably be a good spot for them??? Maybe someone else would have better input on this.
  6. learpilot74 Active Member

Thanks everyone :)
  7. Billzbub Active Member

Has this been determined yet? Are all, some, or none of the ascension abilities worth the painfully long cast times during an RO?
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Very worthwhile
  9. Hest01 Member

Troubs = awesome sauce. Dirges got a little bit of the short end.
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

Bards are the single biggest difference between a top raid guild and a lesser raid guild. VC is OP.
    Fairin likes this.
  11. Fairin Active Member

wow how did i miss this post, sorry there Learpilot your castorder is a priority macro of nightstrike-daggerstorm-bump evade(if you spec'd for its dmage) sandra's- painful lamentaitons - perfect shrill (which pristege aa resets painful lam) dancing blade- ceremonial blade, sprinkle in your debuffs and thunderous overture 2+mob depending

i drink t1 dps tears. > : (

yes, all that deal damage, compare for example how much dps you can do in 13.5 seconds(troub) or 12 seconds(dirge) with 3(troub) or 2(dirge) ascended abilities single hit damage (no dots no multi hit) to the actual spell hits that take the same amount of time to cast. - ethershadow assassin seems to be an exception however...!@#$
  12. Zelox Active Member

Which spell are you referring to with multi hit?
  13. Fairin Active Member

daggerstorm / cascading force for example. multi hit as in hits more than once
  14. Zelox Active Member

Right so all the hits in cascading force should calculate into RO if I'm not mistaken, maybe i misunderstood your post? i thought you were saying only the first hit of multi hit abilities like that get calculated.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Go Etherealist, get your group/raid to pull 10+ mobs and use Etherflash to charge your VC. You will thank me later.
  16. Zelox Active Member

that should be beyond obvious, ascension made VC extremely ez mode
  17. learpilot74 Active Member

I was told that ascension skills do not charge VC...by some high end raiders. Are you guys sure on that point?
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Except the fact that bards technically outparse beastlords
    learpilot74 likes this.
  19. Zelox Active Member

idk i dont have a bard to test it with but they should, i seriously doubt caith had put in conditionals just for ascensions abilities not recording into VC, but its simple to test...
  20. learpilot74 Active Member

i definitely appreciate the advice!