Troubadour - Bagpipes Solo - PvP

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by acoloss, Jan 30, 2013.

1. acoloss Active Member

Bagpipes Solo heals for 11k and 2k every 2 seconds for 16seconds with maximum points, in PvP..

It barely budges the HP Bar... a mending adorn heals for 2k..
    of course i maybe biased, but i think the nerf has made this spell almost not worth spec'ing for, for solo pvp.

if you insist on 18% heal.. at least fix the troubadour stifle so that it lasts over 2 seconds.. with 5 aas, it still only lasts 2 seconds..

Thanks
  2. Xeos Well-Known Member

So you are telling me you have close to 117,000 HP?

Anyways, a 27k heal is nothing to sneeze at...

The only non-overpowered buff I have to suggest is this: It heals for 25% of your max HP upfront and 2% every second for 5 seconds. I believe a 35% heal is sufficient, especially with a 1 minute cooldown (max reuse).
  3. Cynicisim Active Member

Just had a chance to finally test BPS in a BG on test server. Lvl 95 Monk v lvl 95 Troub ( he had 17K less health then I)
    Both has runes of mending on weapons.

BPS - 10 aa points to get to BPS and 3 in BPS (total 13 AA points), recast 1.32 min. Heals group members for 18.1% of max health, Heals group members for 3.6% of max health every 2 sec. Restores 18% of damage recieved
    VON - 5aa in shadows, 3 in prestige line - duration 13.2 sec. recast 3min3sec Dodge 100% of incoming attacks, reduces all damge by 30%, prevent AOE

Monk (only know what he told me) has runes of mending on his weapons:
    Mend V: Heals for 50-54% in pvp of max health, recast 1min30sec No AA required
    Tsunami: Reposte 100% of incoming frontal attacks. Same chance of being parried from other quadrants. Last 20 sec in pvp, recast 1m49sec. No AA required

Troub used BPS 2x and Monk used Mend once:
    Monk heals: 190,713
    Troub heals: 140,046
    The total amount of heals will be strange as we autoattacked for some time while I was watching the numbers so runes of mending did a lot more than they might during a regualar pvp fight.

BPS 1st use: healed for a total of 27,174, 2nd time: healed for a total of 27,820 (both numbers includes all ticks) and remember the fight has to last at least 1.32 min to get the 2nd heal and during that 1.32min the dps is almost always greater than that small heal.
    Monk heal used once: Healed for 34,345

It would seem to me the adjusted amount of BPS is far to low and class balance is not satisfied when most, if not all, other classes have either greater heals or much higher dps. I know most scouts hit me for 50K average within the first 5 sec of a pvp fight and a troub needs to entend the fight. As pvp fights usually end quickly (1v1) I would suggest increasing the initial heal to 35% and keeping the tick the way it is at 3.6% in pvp.

I know this is not scientific but I barely know how to turn the computer on and could not find anyone who knows more than I to test this and the Monk was not really intersted in helping and barely agreed to fight me. I know some of you are numbers people but not me so be kind. This is a testing forum for feedback. Spending 13aa points to get that small heal in pvp does not seem prestigious to me when you look at other prestige lines.

PS. Give me Tsunami and Mend and I will gladly spend the 21AA points somewhere else.
  4. acoloss Active Member

+1
  5. Debilitate Member

ONCE UPON A TIME! there was a class called a troub and it was meant to be a support class, you arent a t1 dps, you arent a priest, your a support class.
  6. Debilitate Member

Not to mention, bagpipe solo is groupwide so you can multiply 28k x6 and it cures + it has a 30% damage reduction.........
  7. acoloss Active Member

Solo and group.. a bard is meant to be a CC / Support Class... support classes/bards are supposed to heal, supposed to mez/charm supposed to stun/stifle... yet.. we only have a mez which is different from other scouts.. we have less of the other CC effects.

because in raids they are a Support/DPS don't associate this with what a troub is supposed to be..
  8. Debilitate Member

No there is a difference between being a buff/support class and healing the group for massive numbers, you shouldnt heal period. Your class has no more right to the spell bagpipe solo then my brigand is. The spell should of never been introduced to the game and thats just a fact.
  9. Debilitate Member

Dirges are supposed to heal, troubys are supposed to power feed, its been that way for virtually all of eq2 untell now.
  10. acoloss Active Member

considering Troubadours get a Group Regen at early levels, which actually used to make your HP go up until RoK... yet a dirge only got a heal at lvl 65... your comment isn't Valid....

of course dirges get the odd attack that gives themself some HP.. but not much
  11. Debilitate Member

They have an actual heal called orientation of sacrifice, its a real heal, they get gravitas, benefiting healers. they get 2-3 cas that have life taps on them, you get power feeds and power drains, thats how bards in eq2 worked because your right BARDS do get heals in most lore and games, but eq2 divided the class BARD into 2 sub categorys for dirges and troubadors where most games dont do this.
  12. acoloss Active Member

Dirges get "OoS" at lvl 65.. as i stated in the previous post..
    Troubs got a Group Regen which is now useless, at lvl 30
    Both get mana regen..

Dirges get a group Power Increase in Prestige. (whether they use it or not.. i would in some fights)... 3% of dmg taken is given as power to the group...
  13. Debilitate Member

See soe is very bad at making classes do what they are supposed to... they may have done that recently but i mean right now wizards do more aoe dps then warlocks and warlocks do more single targ deeps then wizzys..
  14. Darksanity Member

Accolas is very one sided, every single class he has been trying to get nerfed have been the few classes that have beat him 1v1, and even then that's only happened a few times, he sits here and acts like troubs aren't OP and working with very broken OP abilities in PVP(20sec recast Mez+stun, Bagpipes solo). While then trying to bash the only two other classes that have killed him, Assassin+Ranger which should kill him.. He spammed for Assassins to get nerfed and they are, he spammed for rangers to get nerfed and they are, Rangers or not OP, Assassins aren't OP, both are very easy kill if you don't suck, just time your Evades+Stuns. There was nothing wrong with Assassinate cause of the long recast, no diff that the other class defining abilities like HT, IceComet etc etc, except it could be parried, deflected, dodged.. Now he is in other thread trying to get Dirges boosted cause he rolled one..I knows the game that's true, but he is very one sided..
  15. Ecno Well-Known Member

Well said and I completely agree...he is extremely one sided and does not look at the BIG picture overall in order to have the best balance between all classes possible. I do agree Dirges could use a boost, but I hope that SoE doesnt go over the top and make them too powerful as they are primarly a group/support/CC class and not tier 1 or 2 DPS. There is no doubt by many experienced players that Troubadours do need balancing for the greater good of PVP for all.

The only Assassin balance that was needed imo was Shadow Step being turned into melee damage instead of poisons damage, with reduced damage and increased recast time. I was very surprised to see all the other changes they did... and I have yet to be able to test them on Beta yet with my Assassin friends. I hope it wasnt too much...

As for Ranger changes, I am not going to complain... our endline burns were not OP but I am not going to whine and cry just to try and get them improved again. I am just accepting that SoE knows what they are doing and have tested it before applying these changes. It was also nice to see them finally bring Thorny Trap back (something that Acolos is asking to be unjustly nerfed right now actually). They also finally made the cast time of Hidden Shot/Assault have the same cast time as it is in PVE since that has always been bugged.
  16. acoloss Active Member

Eh.. I mentioned Beastlords due to 2 shots... Rotflesh.. which is clearly OP.

I've been killed by a warlock more times than any other class and have not mentioned them, because it wasn't the class that killed me it was the player skill lol.

I've been killed by many other classes, not because of the class, but by player skill.

i said assassins actually, should be left how they are lol.

Sucking up to your friend isn't helping.

As i said.. give me the name of one troubadour.. and i will get one of each class to fight them, and the troub you name will die...
    (without BPS)... choose wisely <3
  17. Darksanity Member

Ecnomoc is far from my friend, I am referring to your constant need to defend Troub and claiming it isnt OP atm
  18. Ecno Well-Known Member

Its funny how you say hes my friend, yet I have no idea who it is...

More than likely since we are on a public forum its someone else who sees the issues with your class and realizes that it needs balancing. Thus why they happen to agree with me be on the same page as plenty of other players that agree Troubadours did and still do need balancing.

Do you have anything else constructive to add concerning the subject of this thread? Instead of simply labeling everyone who sides against you as My friend or someones elses friend sticking up for them/agreeing with them for the sole reason that they are friends.

Oh btw who is Darks character? You must know since he is my friend right? If you do, please feel free to fill me in...

Thanks
  19. acoloss Active Member

the only think OP about it, is Bagpipes Solo, which is being nerfed.

The class is practically identical to how it's been for 8 years, except.. we've been nerfed + everyone else has more stuff and more dmg :)
  20. Ecno Well-Known Member

I am sorry but unfortunately your comment about the Troubadour being quote "practically identical to how its been for 8 years" is incorrect. Specifically when it comes to mez and mez immunities... as 8 years ago Mez lasted much longer, but... and the entire crowd control/CC dynamics were very very different.

Anything else constructive you would like to add?