Troub or Dirge with Paladin?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kindread, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Kindread Active Member

My wife and I are going to be taking advantage of the heroic character thingie tomorrow, I plan on making a paladin and she wants to play a bard. Which bard type would support a paladin better?

Thanks.
  2. Rasik Member

Dirge buffs melee classes while Troub buffs mage/casting classes. Dirge would be your best choice.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

yup , what he said ^^^
  4. Kindread Active Member

Update:

Thanks for the responses, we went ahead and made our paladin/dirge duo with a healer merc. What an amazing duo! Single target the dirge can crank out some pretty decent numbers and AoE with all the debuffs she can toss out my paladin AoE DPS is through the roof! Between all the stuns, debuffs, and slows we've been able to duo things made for full groups.

Thanks again for the advice!
    Ajjantis and Avianna like this.
  5. Sevantal Member

Seathing Sonata FTW
  6. Venur Active Member

Hmm Are you sure ? Since for a SK the troub do betther (kinda why they are in mage group when not tanking) and since pally are the step brother of SK and benefit a lot from their spell damage it might worth testing.
  7. Andy1 Active Member

Pretty sure troubs are better for the crusaders.
  8. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Not really, its a close tier. The dirge definitely makes tanking and holding aggro much easier while the troub would just enhance some spell dps.
  9. Andy1 Active Member

Having played both crusaders I'll agree with you to a point. Paladin doesn't need the hate, both crusaders have a hefty Spells tab and if you're not MT or OT, you best gel in the mage group...with the troub/illy/fury.

Think the troubs hate tool is lower the hate gain of all non-fighters in the group while increasing the fighters. I'd prefer the troub as a crusader, and the dirge as a warrior/brawler.