Troub DPS help

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Twofeets, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Ok, so I dusted off my troub after several years, what's the key to DPS now days? My autoattack,even fully reforged, is only doing 7% of my damage.

Thanks
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Get 3 of >>these<< flurry items, reforge 9000 DPS, 100 accuracy and strikethrough and even a mage can parse crazy 40% autoattack. Recommended for scouts too ;)
    Elkana likes this.
  3. Elkana Active Member

I agree with everything Beee said except for the 100% accuracy, I feel like that's a waste. I never have more than 19% accuracy and I have over 99% hit rates. I'd use that reforge to get more DPS / MA. DPS @ 9K is a great number, MA @ 2K is a must. Flurry as high as possible but that's a bit limited to the linked items above. Strikethrough at 100. If you can, get a Prismatic Distraction or two. Or if you're Ramrodx like 7 and just break them down to weapon essences!!! Elkie still has ZERO.
  4. Jeter4lyfe New Member

Has anyone actually tested Flurry? I was under the impression that it doesn't do anything anymore, and I don't see dps using flurry. I find accuracy helps a lot on my BL, but not sure about any other classes.
    Elkana likes this.
  5. jimm New Member

If your weapon skills are below (2400 or so) more accuracy might help otherwise 20% accuracy sb good in my experience
    Reforge ability mod and some crit bonus
    Don't expect to get 9k dps mod unless you have access to elite gear options
    Elkana likes this.
  6. Elkana Active Member

Jimm is correct, and sorry for not being more clear. I assume everyone has ample weapon skillz on melee classes therefore I don't even think of mentioning it.
    I have tested flurry, but it's very east to do. You can double click your auto attacks in ACT and see how many were multi-attack, and how many were flurry. You can also simply look at the amount of swings you've had in that given time frame. If you put on one of the three flurry pieces, you'll see no flurry. Two, no flurry. You MUST have all three to see any flurry returns. Which means you'll drop 12~ ADC to get it. Is it worth it? For me yes, maybe not for some of you.
    Beee likes this.
  7. Twofeets Active Member

Thanks, but I still dont get it...

I used to be decent, years ago. Now I just came back, Im in full T1 heroic with all expert spells. I reforged into DPS/MA/Accuracy and cant even crack 1 bil. It's embarassing. Even if I Jcap myself I still cant parse 1bil. My pally does 4-6. Im fresh off the shelf, so red runes yet, but still I would expect to at least do 2-3 bil... I am honestly at a loss...
  8. Sowy Active Member

> Elkana said, " I assume everyone has ample weapon skillz on melee classes therefore I don't even think of mentioning it."

But mages/priests are doing it too, and scouts are looting "spell skills" and "defensive skills" items just to get the ability mod to reforge to DPS. even the 3 flurry pieces lauded after by everyone are "defensive skills" so this can cause even scouts to be well below their weapon skills quota needed to hit properly. Weapon skills also affect the minimums. They can either offset by weapon skills adorns or accuracy. In order to do 2 of the weaponskils adorns they have to give up 2 CB/CBovercap adornment slots.

Yes flurry works, but I will make want to point out that for Troubadors, your fervor/potency/etc helps your Jester's Cap buff that other people receive. Jester's Cap is like the nectar of the gods for DPS classes you give it to (providing they are fast casting)

Just some food for thought.
  9. maxximum Active Member

I've yet to see decent returns from going into melee stats (DPS, MA, etc). That said, my ascensions are very high level, my spells and CAs are all expert minimum, with some GMs, and I have a bunch of raid gear with unhelpful stats like mit and defensive stats that I acquired just to get my resolve up, that I can't reforge with any worthwhile return.

Certainly since ascensions became a thing, that is where most of my dps comes from, which is considered to be pretty good for a bard. Your main problems are going to be a) gear, and b) ascensions. The best advice I can give at this point is to not worry about your own dps and concentrate on buffing your group. You won't be cracking billions for a while yet.

Another thing is make sure you've completed all solo triumphs and achievements, which is to disco all POIs overland and in solo zones, kill all overland solo mobs, kill all solo zone mobs (including Khap), and make sure you've done all the extra quests in overland zones until they become repeatable. The achievements and triumphs give a lot of nice rewards which will help, and then when you've done those, work on the heroic equivalents. Fully plat infusing your gear is a huge boost to potency, if you haven't done that already. I recall that it added something like 20k potency on my **** wizzy in heroic gear when I did it all at once.

Almost forgot, no-one has mentioned Ability Doublecast, which is king. You want 3 pieces with ADC on it, neck, waist and cloak (a nice cloak with 170r and 3.5 ADC comes from killing all PQs), and 3 white ADC adorns in shoulders, hands, neck.
  10. Elkana Active Member

I'm going to politely disagree. My dirge is parsing 25billion on single target bosses in raids right now. I use flurry for Waist / Neck / Cloak. You are leaving behind a TON of DPS by not taking the flurry items here. ADC is easy to get, ever easier to proc in raid. Flurry on the other hand a bit harder to come by.
    Tangris likes this.
  11. Elkana Active Member

My first question would be potency / fervor. Then what red runes do you have? Weapon Damage Bonus + overcap? Where's your crit bonus? If your DPS is that low it seems like the foundation isn't built to really DPS right now.
  12. Twofeets Active Member

He's a pretty fresh 120, full T1 heroic but very few red runes yet
  13. Zishan Member

I have seen many dirges spec'd for melee with flurry stats but very few troubadours. I have done some limited testing with my own troub and found not much difference in dps stats when in flurry set up. Its anecdotal so needs more testing,

I wanted opinions of other troubs who are in flurry/melee set up. How is it working for you?