Tree if Growf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyseq, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Slyseq Member

I am plodding thru KA. Got my plant from Growf, but I have never had a house (dint need one or saw a need). Is this quest line now broken? Thanx
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

The quest is not broken. If you are asking if you can complete it without a house, the answer is no. You can place it in someone elses house if they give you trustee access. But you will need to visit the plant daily in a house to advance the quest. Also the final reward is a house plant that you can harvest from every day. So without a house to put it in, you won't be able to harvest it.
  3. Dristlin Member

Go to the inn in your home city you can rent a house for a few silver for a week complete the quest pick up the plant and choose to abandon the house.

It is only broken if you choose to make it. Getting a base home temporary is fairly cheep.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Well now you have a need. Buy one!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Depending on how old your account is, there are a couple prestige homes that become available at 7 and 11 years, but the first one, Mistmoore Crags Estate can be acquired sooner from the Loyalty Realtor Merchant if you have 30 Loyalty Tokens. Because it is prestige, you won't have to worry about upkeep/maintenance costs.
  6. Slyseq Member

Thanx for info. Played EQ 10 yrs from 1999 and original Sony EQ2 w/ house. In Daybreak EQ2 just over 2 yrs / Solo all. Will look into Loyalty Token option. Thanx agin.
  7. Slyseq Member

Thanx, I like this one -- minimal exposure for a Sp.Don't care mush for plant maintenance, but the follow-on Faction is needed. Thanx agin
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's the one at 11 years? I'm very familiar with the Mistmoore; I think by the time I'd gotten to seven years or at least close to it, they were looking at doing prestige houses in general as a thing (got all the initial four on Public Test by spending 4 cp total for each of my old farts there :D).

Also: if you don't yet have enough time on your account for those, Slyseq, you can get a simple 2-room place and plop, say, 5 gp into the Escrow and have it for as long as you need/want it. :)

Uwk
    who tries to get a 2-room house in each alignment city (Qeynos, Kelethin, New Halas for Goods, for example; I also do that right off if I know I'll be Betraying with a toon and want a "toehold" in the old cities, for good or for bad ;->) and the Mistmoore for each toon in the Horde (so I can place a Portal from there in each old house for after I Betray) :)
  9. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Unlike most other vet rewards that allow one per character, the 11th year veteran reward is a pair of Isle of Refuge prestige homes, each with the plushie bundle for that home. So only two of your characters on the account can own one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Stupid, stupid doubling message sending server... X-P

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(real message; the first attempt finally showed up before this one... /shrug)

Ah, that's right...had to make a choice as to which toon would get it (Uwk already had enough prestige places and other perks ;->).

Uwk