Transmuting

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-rrr67212, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-rrr67212 Guest

I don't get it. I got my adorning to 22 thru the daily adorning quest, so I thought I'd level it up some more by transmuting some items. I have a few treasured, attunable level 7 items, and several level 7 adept spells. As I understand it at adorning 22, I should be able to transmute up to level 9, but nothing at level 7 or higher is mutable. What's up?
  2. ARCHIVED-Barbai Guest

you must have looked at some old transmuting information. Awhile back they changed it so that transmuting and adorning were two seperate and independent skills. To help get pack the initial low level hurdle for transmuting I recomend picking up several tier 1 spell rares and just make several adept 3 spells that are in your transmuteable range. I may be wrong as I have forgotten the exact formula but I believe the highest item you can transmute at a skill of 1 is lvl 3 or mayble lvl 5 items.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

The level of item you can transmute is (Transmute Skill / 5) + 5.

So, a skill of 50: (50/5) + 5 = 15th level item.

This article explains it well: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Transmuting
    Wearing items like the Harvest Cloak that give +Transmuting will increase the range of items. With all the stuff I had, I could almost transmute a whole additional Tier of items.
  4. ARCHIVED-rrr67212 Guest

Cool, thank's for the info.