Transmuting questions

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by JackBurton, Nov 10, 2019.

1. JackBurton New Member

I have some question for Transmute crafters

1 - with limited game time, is it worth doing? why?

2 - if yes to 1, is there a current 'chaos descending guide?' I can follow, or do you have tips on how to level a new transmuter up to 110?

3 - I keep getting LOTS of "Celestial Transmutation Stones" and I can't really find any information on these. They also don't seem to sort :). clearly this is for for transmuters. but what do you really use them for. any guide out there that covers this?

4 - Been trying to sort "Celestial Transmutation Stones they always end up in bag 1. is there a sort category for these I'm missing?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Absolutely it's worth it. You use the stuff that's created by transmutation to craft adornments. Generally, I transmute all the junk loot I get (unless I need infusers, in which case I salvage the trash loot, that's an AA Tradeskill Prestige abillity).

To level transmuting, adorning and/or tinkering, check either your city's tradeskill area for Londiar Inygad, and do his little quests daily. You can also harvest your tuchis off and just make adorns at whatever level you're at, but this is expensive in terms of time.

The transmutation stones you transmute to get shards, once your transmutation skill is high enough. I dunno anything about what algorithm the devs used for the Sort. I just transmute them as soon as I get them.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. JackBurton New Member

Thanks much Sigridrifa. I'm trying to get going was running around in 1-9 zone and doing that. taking forever :). didn't know about the quest, will go give it a go.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

Mastercrafted items can also be transmuted. If you spend some coin or time gathering mats you can make stuff to transmute but it's not a cheap option. I have a very high harvester and when I have a toon to raise the transmuting on I take the high level out and harvest everything in sight at the level I need to transmute.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Not sure if level of crafted items really matter when it comes to transmuting, I think you gain just as much from transmuting level 2 components as you would level 90.
    Thus level 2 stuff is relatively easy and cheap
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The closer the item's level is to the 'cap' you can transmute, the higher your chance at a skill up.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

True. But prior to the introduction of Londiar Inygad, the cheapest way to skill up transmuting to max was to go harvest somewhere like Timorous Deep extensively, craft stuff out of the rares (Expert spells, armor, etc.) and transmute those. It may not get you as rapid a rate of skill-ups, but definitely cheaper!

For levelling adorning, consider buying a couple manas of the tier (which now are pretty affordable usually), make sure you have the distillations and dilutions book scribed, and break the mana all the way down. Every dilution gives you skill.
    Yenk, Breanna, Avithax and 2 others like this.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

I will add to this that you can just flip powders into fragments and back to powders again with an affordable loss. Almost all of the powders are dirt cheap and leveling adorning using this method only requires you to complete the first line of the craft, not all 4 making it significantly faster.
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

only up to one tier below the current max. the current max never gets recipes for making destillations out of lesser materials or breaking down higher materials to lesser
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not 'never'.. we used to get them when they were current. That changed with the Planes of Prophecy expac. Now we don't get the recipes to change adorning mats around until the mats are obsolete.
    Bludd likes this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

aha i did not know that, but i expect this pattern to continue for next expac or we may never get recipes for chaos descending tinkering mats, who knows?
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I expect them to stick with the newer pattern going forward. We'll get the recipes to craft CD adorning mats back and forth as part of the BoL expac.
    Pixistik likes this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

The previous tiers materials will still give skill ups and a slightly lower rate. I capped all my adorners using nothing higher than planar mats this expansion and a few with even lower level components.

Only having to complete 1 line makes it go pretty fast.
    Bludd and Pixistik like this.
  14. Yenk Active Member

btw I'm afraid the Mutagenic Essences to increase the transmute-results are red herings. I tested it but it seems the effect is zero or very marginal. :oops: