Transmuting discussion thread

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-eqaddictedfool Guest

what if it was a random based creation process meaning we break down a sword and you have the chance to randomly get a common,mastercrafted,fabled dust. Lets say 5% chance from a common items 30% from legendary items and 100% from fabled items. Then those dusts are made into adornments. What this does is makes fabled adornments cheaper on the market because they can be aquired by someone that doesnt have to break down a fabled item. Remove the skillups block at 100. I say make it one or the other Either let us transmute to max level or let us level by making things. Remove the jewlers need to make this and provisioners need to make this form. Or make them more like augs in eq1. If it could be inserted into a shield have a woodworker make it. For a sword a weaponsmith and so on. (not sure what that would leave provisions and alchemists)
  2. ARCHIVED-Striking2 Guest

Just putting my cents in, even for issues already covered.
    If we can reduce the number of powders used per recipe or increase the % of their creation rate while transmuting that would be great.
    Slow process of transmuting single items. You could easily create a box to put in X number of items to transmute with a single click.
    Why do I have to accept things I have transmuted? Can they just be put in inventory or overflow (as necessary)?
    Mana not as common as it should be when transmuting fabled items. Would like to see an uptick here in % rate
    I like the idea of giving a single crafter all of the recipies as the current process is just too confusing as to who makes what. Plus any tradeskiller can make adornments with no effort other than buying a Enigma book. That kinda limited the value of leveling a transmuter.
    Am I getting a refund for having done it the "hard way"?
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Striking2 wrote:
    No, but you get the walker, bifocals, and the right to yell at kids about how it was so much harder in the olde dayes. Join the club!
  4. ARCHIVED-Striking2 Guest

5. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Striking2 wrote:
    You do get a portion of the raws (frags, infusion, or pwdrs pending type) back just like it is now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Striking2 Guest

Actually perhaps you can make a transmuting box something craftable for the home? Pick a tradeskill that could use more recipies. Single target when raiding or limited inventory space, large batch if you can wait until you get home.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

So can a class be a Tinkerer, Transmuter and Adorner?
    Or can they only be a Tinkerer and Adorner or a Transmuter and Adorner?
  8. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

All chars are transmuters. Then you can choose to become Adorner & Tinker
  9. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    So everyone and their brother will be a muter,

Heh stocking up on those Adepts as we speak.
  10. ARCHIVED-Krakowicki Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Let me get this straight. Everyone will be transmuting. Than you can choose to become ""Adorner & Tinker"" (or) did you mean ""Adorner or Tinker""?

I am a 400 Tinker now and I will automatically get Transmuting. You are saying I can also do Adorning? So I can do all 3?
  11. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Krakowicki wrote:
    Yes, when SF hits the live servers you'll be able to start leveling transmuting and adornment skill without loosing your tinkering.
  12. ARCHIVED-Krakowicki Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Totally Awesome !!!
  13. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

If you are a 400 Transmuter NOW, once SF goes live, you will automatically become a 400 Transmuter AND a 400 Adorner.
    If you are a 125 Transmuter NOW, once SF goes live, you will automatically become a 125 Transmuter AND a 125 Adorner.
    If you also want to be a tinkerer, you can skill-up that profession, too.
    Anyone who is not a Transmuter will automatically have the ability at skill up 3.
    All trainers for Transmuting, Adorning and Tinkering will be at the BBM docks. Near them will be the merchants for the recipe books. Merchant will also be in SF Gnomeland Security Headquarters. And as usual, rare recipes will in all probability be drops from MOBS.
    So any character can become a 450 (SF cap) Transmuter AND Adorner AND Tinkerer if that character so desires.
    Remember that Tinkering recipes require lots and lots and lots and lots of raws. Don't depend on your guild's harvesting box to supply all those raws. Start your harvesting collection now or you'll not only find yourself without the necessary raws, but you'll get your guildmates angry at peeps using up the harvest box mats!
  14. ARCHIVED-Gothyia Guest

Ok so let me understand this / confirm if you could..
    You can level Transmuting from 0-400 on Tier 1 items which are easily and readily available to any and every player in the game.
    quoted that.
    So i would get the items im normally using to transmute (books treasured etc) transmute them from lvl 1 to 10 and i can skill up from 150 transmuting ? Or are the lvls the same transmute book/treasured etc to the lvl your at with the transmuting. omiting only the having to make and item to transmute up after whenever it was 100?
    OR is it i can lvl up on tier 1 all the way to 400 just with tier 1 books treasured and up to legendary but i would need items of legendary status to get the best parts to make higher stuff ? so I would need t8 /t9 item to transmute and make an item to get the powers and infusions (type stuff)?
  15. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Gothyia wrote:
    Yes... I did that... I leveled Transmuting using T-1 & T-2 rares only. What I did was make my own spells (Adept 3 - treasured), broke them down and after I hit 100, used them (the pwders, frags) for the special muting skill up adorns. I continued to use rares I harvested from T-1 & T-2 to make the spells, break down and the special skill up adorns I got through the training recipes. I rinsed and repeated until I capped at 400 (currently). Took me about a couple months. But then I didn't work on it constantly, neither.
    Total cost was well, less than a plat. And that was for the cheapo fuel costs (T-1 & T-2) to make the spells (T-1 & T-2) that I then broke down. The final muting skillup with adorns - I sold off to the vendor recouping my fuel costs. It did cost me time - time to harvest, time to make spells...etc.
    I did on occasion mute T-1 & T-2 legendary if one of my alts received on, or if I mentored and got one with loot. Some peeps buy them, but that will also add to your costs. Any infusion I received on a "breakdown", I would always use first when I skilled up the special adorn. That way, I would get a pwder back, that I could use for another potential skill up.
    Skill ups with adorns can be done when gray. There is always a 25% chance of skilling up whether the adorn is gray or otherwise. So If I made 100 skill up special recipe adorns, then in theory I would actually skill up 25 points. Sometimes it would be more, sometimes it would be less. good 'ol RGN! I never did keep track of how many skill up adorns I made, but I bet it was around 1600-1800! Add to that - how many treasured items you broke down into components, etc. A lot of crafting and harvesting those rares!
    However, with SF, they will be two separate functions. You can be a transmuter only - one who breaks down treasured, legendary and fabled items for use by an Adorner or you can just sell them on the market (pwdrs, frags, infusions, mana). There will prob be a muting skill up factor involved with SF. Everyone who isn't already a muter will start at skill level 3. Whether or not a character wishes to skill up muting is up to them. Kinda like harvesting - the more you do - the more you skill up.
    You can be an Adorner only - one who makes adorns through the use of pwdrs, frags, infusions, mana. You can buy the mats on the market. To skill up, you use special adorn recipes - some purchases, some MOB dropped.
    Or you can be BOTH Transmuter and Adorner.
    You will still be able to skill up using T-1 & T-2 rares turned into spells, broken down in to mats to be used by special adornment recipes to skill up adornment.
    After all, not every one has tons of plats to buy everything! I do know if you chose to buy things to break down (muting) or buy all the mats for adorn skill ups, you can prolly look at spending around 500-800 plat in the new expac.