Fixed Internally Transmuting bugs in Fabled Master Books (BoL)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Semperfifofum, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I know it's been mentioned but it just happened to me and I don't see a thread about the fabled items, such as Master books transmuting to the wrong thing.

This happened to me two weeks ago and I thought it was a fluke, but then it happened to my husband today:

You get a master book you don't need and your guildies don't need. Usually it's like one or two and that's it.
    You get out your craft gear that has transmuting on it, all of it. You change mounts, you pray at your Buddha shrine.... you even make transmuter's nails to put on the gear you're wearing.. you get your transmuting up nearly to 900.

Then you try to transmute the one book you can and pray.

And you get a mana.

But it's Planar.

Please tell me that's not intentional. We petitioned it this time.
    Adene, Quillyne, Zynt and 4 others like this.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The email response from petitioning it: instantly closing the request and telling us to open a bug report in game. In the very least they should've done the bug report for us. Because for one thing, we sent a screenshot and I can't upload a screenshot in a bug report. The coordination needs to improve.

@Kander if you really mean to improve communications, this sort of things should be on the priority list somewhere. They started the email "Unfortunately it's not something we can help you with." instead of "We're sorry you had this experience in the game, it's a problem we're working on..." Even the tone of the email expresses an uncaring attitude. And then to bounce people between two reporting systems drives the annoyance deeper.
    Adene, Quillyne, Jaeded and 4 others like this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Similarly, I got a Celestial spellshard from a Luclin node. I'm guessing the correct one is Empyral spellshard, but tbh I haven't heard people mention it yet. The description says Celestial Spellshard is limited to spells 100-110.
    Zynt likes this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Transmuting 111+ adepts results in last expansions mats too.
    There is numerous threads about it, but sadly I don't think they care enough about tradeskills to fix it.

[IMG]
    Semperfifofum and Zynt like this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I"m going with "rookie error"/bad management, since I know they're one of the more "crunchy" shops out there. Meaning, game companies which use the "crunch" technique when hiring/ laying off. Transmutables are "harvests" as are ultra rare drops. But the rookies are only allowed to work on "plain harvests" because they'll be laid off and you don't want them working with important stuff. Then the regular employees get busy and forget to fix the other "special harvests" before it goes live. This is why crunch is a huge mistake for anything other than a simple phone game. The bug fest started when they started having massive layoffs on a regular basis. It should be blatantly obvious to them.

These management fashions which arise from phone game companies shouldn't be applied to complex PC games, which need the full attention of the entire team over years to really be good. They're forgetting their goal of creating an immersive high quality game because their investors want to imagine that they're a "sleek fast moving lean company." Yeah, one that makes a zillion mistakes and bleeds customers because they're making the jalopy of games with Ferrari parts.

I feel like a parent disappointed in a child. They raised prices, but still lay off their team regularly in a bid to save money. I"m pretty sure that around KA time I was already saying, yes you can make me pay more, if you stop laying people off and focus on quality more. I don't know why they don't have the confidence in themselves to do it.

TMF? Too much frustration?

I'm gonna go off and deep breathe for a bit.
    Whilhelmina and Argosunited like this.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm going with bad management and a lack of care. Or maybe they're just not capable of doing anything properly.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Mermut and I both made posts about this 2 months ago. This ain't getting fixed either. It should have been fixed when they fixed the gear transmuting/salvage issues.
    Argosunited and Semperfifofum like this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This is the kind of thing that requires a "why not?" And exactly the sort of thing that Kander's letter was about. I feel like, the longer these things are left to fester the harder it will be to communicate because it will become a drawn out apology thing. Even if they wait to explain it until it's moot, one or two expacs from now... the Free to Play people will get to Luclin around then, and they'll be asking this question. It's not going to be less of a problem later. They're just creating long drawn out problems from simple things.
    Adene, Marae and Argosunited like this.
  9. Crazier Member

Same thing happened to me last night with a level 114 mater spell furnace of ro IV and i got the same sterile response from CS the least they could do is give you the correct item or give you back the transmuted item
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

How about a fix for this?
  11. Udonn Active Member

Personally, I wish they'd make the master books not transmutable. With the rarity of them, muting them makes them even rarer, and drives up the already inflated prices. If their goal is to have mutable items for manas, a better option would be to introduce fabled, or mythical, transmutation stones that can give manas. Leave the masters for the player base through sales.
    Adene, Bludd, Argosunited and 3 others like this.
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Hear hear!
    Udonn, Whilhelmina and Jaeded like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Trasmuting items from BoL still gives the wrong tier mats. IS THIS EVER GOING TO BE FIXED?????????
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

As long as access to the new transmutation stones is = to access to the books (adept and master), I'd be fine with them making the books ornate. As pointed out there's a negative cooperative effect on muting books. It seems like that's where we're headed, but I'd love to hear from a red-name on this. I mean, I'm getting both a transmute stone and a book in any chest that has a book, so I'm guessing the next step would be to set the books level 111+ to ornate. Setting the ones before 111 to be ornate would probably be annoying since no equivalent transmute stones are available.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

This is a duplicate report for this thread which has been fixed.
    Breanna likes this.