transferring characters across accounts

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Phreak, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Phreak Member

I have a Necro on my account that I'd like to transfer to an alt account so I can start boxing him with my fury. I know I could just roll up a new Necro easy enough but this toon has sentimental attachments and I'd rather pay to use him but I have a few questions. First, is this even an option? What does it cost? Are there any special rules involved? And will my transferred retain his /played info? I like that his creation time is the min Nagafen launched. Thanks for any help with this.
  2. SteelPiston Active Member

I copied this from an SOE statement a few months ago:-

Station Cash purchases of Non-recurring Gold Membership does not make you eligible for Character Transfer services. This service is only extended to active, recurring, Gold Membership holders or Station Access subscribers.
    In the event of an account to account transfer, a process which must be done manually, both accounts must be fully verified
    to start the process. This may be an issue for free-to-play accounts as you may not be able to meet the verification requirements
    and this cannot be excepted under any circumstance."

Requirements Overview:
    - Active, Recurring, Gold Membership (SC purchased Gold Memberships are not eligible) for a minimum of 7 consecutive days
    - Account must be fully verifiable (May not be possible on F2P accounts with no billing history as that is required in the verification process)
    - You must be the verified owner of both accounts in Account to Account transfer requests
    - Station Access subscribers will need to contact our support staff directly for either server to server or account to account
    transfer services as you will not be able to see the Character Transfer token on the Marketplace.
    - If you do not meet the active, recurring, gold membership and verification requirements, we will not be able to assist you
    in transferring your character under any circumstance

We will not be offering workarounds for players who simply do not meet the above requirements at this time.

I interpret that as, if both accounts are recurring Gold subscription you have a good chance of an account to account character transfer. If not, don't hold your breath.