Transfer Tokens

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Aeviel@Venekor wrote:
    This is true... but also keep in mind that the test-copy server used to be the pvp test server. Thus I imagine that the code etc is already in place, and that is what permits this.
    Course, that's just a guess, since the whole coding thing makes my eyes cross...
    I'm sorry that it isn't the answer that some of you want. Truly I am. However it is the answer that I have to give. It just isn't permitted at this time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Kiara wrote:
    It would be nice if SOE Coding can eventually eliminate the differences between Blue and Red on SOE end, so that Blue servers can eventually receive a game upgrade to an "enhanced Duel and Arena System" based on Red server rules!

Some of the advantages to standardized coding could be that characters would then be able to transfer anywhere between eligible servers without issue, and the Blue servers would finally get access to some of the cool stuff like DE Paladins...

3. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Of the options available,
    A) Suck it up and make the best of it and stop yer whining
    B) Start over again on another server
    C) Quit
    I will probably take a combination of A+C.
    I am a roleplayer (primarily). It is why I rolled on Venekor. PvP is, (and always has been), for me just a roleplay tool. I have spent years developing player quests and developing persona for them, that simply cannot be easily duplicated. I have way too much time and effort and money invested to start over again, and yet all that effort seems to be for naught. I will see how it goes, and make the best of it if I can. If that dog don't hunt, then I will move on to Darkfall or some other MMO, and only come back to EQ2 on occation to see if the situation has changed.
    I agree that it is a cost vs effort equation, and players like myself have just drawn the short stick. It's too bad, I really liked this game.
    Perhaps the guide program is where I should go, (/shrugs)
    Sorry Kiara, I know you are just the one that has to give the bad news.
  4. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Bloodfang@Nagafen wrote:
    I knew it!!! I always thought you were PVP-PVE(Bi)-curious!!! Its only against the rules in some states... like CA... but that state sucks anyways, so you should be good!
  5. ARCHIVED-SumOldMan Guest

Aeviel@Venekor wrote:
    Like any business decision, its going to come down to a cost/benefit analysis. Whats the cost of doing this feature and what do I expect to gain from prioritizing that work over equally desired features? Of course, if you decide to move forward you also have to include the opportunity costs associated with not working on the other features which may be huge moneymakers.
    Also -- not everyone thinks PVE should be allowed to transfer to PVP. I certainly don't.
    Anyway, /shoutout to Aeviel -- long time :) Its Thamyris and Grond, cant wait to see you on Naggy :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Chaly Guest

Sprinng@Nagafen wrote:
    Should have seen that one coming ... ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

Bloodfang@Nagafen wrote:
    you make it too easy my friend!