Transfer service - when will it be back up?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Meryddian, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

Server transfers are back up sort of. I just got my manually subbmitted request answered 5 days after it was put in.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tatate Guest

This is real frustrating, considering my character is stuck on one server and my friends are on another. I can't play with my friends, and I'm not having fun harvesting untill transfers come back up. I'm not even able to play right now because I can't be with the people I want to play with, on the server I want to be on. I don't think posting an ETA would do any harm at all, considering how many people want to transfer. Considering all the trouble we've been put through, I think free transfers when it's back up wouldn't be a bad idea.
  3. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Still waiting, Sony. Still waiting.
  4. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

me too. dude said his was answered after 5 days of puttin in a manual request, was that they just acknowledged that it was sent in or they moved u? mine's 4 days right now, so hopin for tomorrow
  5. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

Clarifying, I put in a manual request Monday and was transfered Friday. My name was even changed for me Saturday. They did a good job considering the problems. I had all my AAs reset and stuff in my overflow but nothing I couldn't fix. Perhaps it was some "old" method they used or just some experimenting but I'm greatful.
  6. ARCHIVED-Phaine Guest

funny how the few manual requests are going through, yet most of us are being told its not an option =(
  7. ARCHIVED-Loxtoc Guest

Just curious as to when this service will be available again. And offered for free to anyone on the AB server :)

Thanks,

Loxtoc
  8. ARCHIVED-MirageEIG Guest

Sorry if this was posted as I did search briefly first using search feature but didnt find anything recent.

Does anyone know of a timeframe for when Character Transfer service will be available cause I want to give SOE some $ and it doesnt work. And sorry, but not in the mood to fill out a form, fax it in, and wait whatever time frame.... I'll just play alts till its fixed.
  9. ARCHIVED-graewulf Guest

Same for Crashbo.....er Crushbone. Something needs to be done.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

MirageEIG wrote:
    the only official statement ends in no ETA, so would venture a guess that it will be awhile
  11. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

Well in SOE's defense, the transfer service in general has been buggy and up and down nonstop for 2 weeks. So you may just be getting through when the transfer service is totally down.

I would try again, I was told Monday or Tuesday for my xfer and I put in the manual request on Thursday.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rqron Guest

Yeah funny because they make a lot more on manual requests it seems. At least that is what the last post by SOE eluted too.

I hope it is up again soon..but hey they probably will release 3 more LUs and added content than fix the problems that started with the release of LoN.

it seems to me just because people are stupid enough to buy all those extra sets of cards it is probably a bigger money maker for them at this time than the regular player so that is where the effort will be. I just wish they would have released that as a stand alone external game. The servers would still work and nothing would be broken.

Problems with zoning and servers started on the day LoN was released ( I am keeping a log of releases and problems) and the problems are still ongoing yet we had updates, the release of Kunark and several updates to Lon and all the tournament crap with SOEs associated chat spam.

Come on SOE if you have to bite the bulled, disable that useless card game until you have something that throughly works and give us back working servers and services.

J.C.
  13. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

*boggle* that last response..double u tee eff? I highly doubt the card game has anything to do with character transfers. Probably wrong, I have been before..but ya know.
  14. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

Just got off the phone with a CSR, he said that he was told the automated service will be up sometime today! :)

Lets hope its not just another get scrownge off the Fing phone hes annoying lie!
  15. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Cyprus12 Guest

About time.

I'm only 16 and I have to buy gamecards, so that only wasted a week of my month's subscription.

Free transfers anyone?
    I think we're deserving.
  17. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Hooray! Party on, Wayne!
    Heh, I am happy enuff that it's back up faster than anticipated. Imo the customers who had to wait or put in data for a manual move should get it for free.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rqron Guest

And working fine

Minor snafu with AAs and inventory but nothing that can be fixed within minutes of login. One bit of advice, if you have a character that has ammunition or anything in the secondary ranged slot get it out or it will more then likely end up in the overflow. There you will have to remove each "arrow" (knife or whatever) piece by piece..It took some time with 800 arrows. Other than this ...I love it.

J.C.
  19. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Rqron wrote:
    this is absolutely hilarious :D
  20. ARCHIVED-BedlamX Guest

Down Again as of 12:00pm EST