Transfer service - when will it be back up?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Meryddian, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

OK! A response finally!

Got a CSR Named Ed..very nice guy very helpful..said that the automated system is down they arent sharing an ETA yet, but manual transfers are up and they will email you the form..
  2. ARCHIVED-Thanatos06 Guest

Regarding the above, chat support is horrible. Everything they say is copy/paste responses, because some of the responses are so idiotic you wouldn't think someone actually said it. They ask you information that you clearly state in your original question, answer questions that have nothing to do with what you're looking for, etc. They never make my situation better.
  3. ARCHIVED-Spanky_Jenkins Guest

Anyone want to post the form and link it? Or tell us exactly how to get it?
  4. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

You have to call them and they will send it to you, sadly..but if you get the Ed guy hes very good.
  5. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Er.. I live in Germany, and I will not call a US number at THEIR business times just to get a form that could easily be linked by Sony. Isnt there an email address? Man, this stinks.
    edit: I am asking for the address because the last time I tried following a link in this forum to a site with the support email adresses, the site didnt exist anymore.
  6. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

i asked for them to send someone to respond to this post on the forums, i am not sure that it will happen but I tried for ya :( hope they do! Sucks you would have to call international.
  7. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

They honestly must only have 1 CSR person manning the phones, and he doesn't seem to have working ears.

The CS in this game has always been really poor, but it's getting even worse, the only real way I see to get out of this character transfer mess is for them to give free transfers when they get everything up and running.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

I submitted my manual form Monday and haven't gotten any response. i don't believe the manual service is actually available I think they are saying it is to shut people up. Here is the form

Please respond back with the requested information below so that we can process your character move. Thank you.

Station Name:
    Email Address:
    Phone Number:
    From Server:
    To Server:
    Number of Characters:
    Character Names:
    Transferring To a New Account? :
    Name of New Account:
    Transferring with items? :
    TOTAL (Please Verify Based on Above Information):
    Name on Credit Card:
    Credit Card Number (Full Sequence):
    Credit Card Type (ex. Visa):
    Credit Card Expiration Date:
    Credit Card Address Line 1:
    Credit Card Address Line 2:
    Credit Card City:
    Credit Card State or Province:
    Credit Card Country:
    Credit Card Zip Code:

It said respond back so I just hit reply. I'm not sure if this is the right email but I sent it to soesupport@soe.sony.com
    personally, I don't like the idea of emailing credit card info especially when I don't know who is on the other end. Sony should change this.
  9. ARCHIVED-Phaine Guest

yeah CC info to a random address not going to happen on my end.
  10. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

I called them because i was not going to send my cc info through an email and the CSR filled it out for me no problem, but interesting thing is, check this out. I just got a reponse to my petition from a GM. His response says that the manual service is down too..Sounds like someone isnt telling something or we are getting the run around. Either way this customer service is about the equivalent of a monkey screwing a football.
  11. ARCHIVED-Thanatos06 Guest

Phaine wrote:
    Same here, just canceling my account until this is fixed. Maybe by then I won't have a want to come back anyway.
  12. ARCHIVED-StormyEyes Guest

Finally! GM's say something!... on EQ2players.com

Station Exchange & Character Transfer Service Maintenance Notification
    Station Exchange and Character Transfer Services for EQII have been disabled for maintenance. During the maintenance period it will not be possible to participate in auctions on Station Exchange or transfer characters from one server to another using the transfer service. Currently we do not have an ETA for when we will have the services back up, but we will update this page with more information when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience while we perform this maintenance.
  13. ARCHIVED-Phaine Guest

well at least we got some official word.
  14. ARCHIVED-StormyEyes Guest

no kidding... i hate this no eta crap though
  15. ARCHIVED-mafoe Guest

Thanks, Scrownge!
    Well, I guess I can wait a little. Might as well use the time to check out other games /shrug
  16. ARCHIVED-ChronicRage Guest

Hey I am just glad they listened and got the word out there. I doubt it was me that caused them to do it, but I know I have been a pain in their *** for the last 3 days.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

we are one step closer to getting it fixed since they now admit there is a problem. The question is, can we raise enough of a stink to get them to do something about it
  18. ARCHIVED-akees Guest

Ok...I've tried everywhere to get SONY to fix the dam Charictor transfer service. It's been down for almost two weeks. I tried clearing my cache and everything else as per the instructions. I even had a sony response of "the service is now back up and running" I sent 5 e-mails and complaints.

HELLO.....it's not working!

SONY please fix the service. I was able to transfer one toon, then it broke. The website is NOT working properly.

You want my 50 bucks or not.

Frustrated at the lack of support here.

P.S. I tryed 4 different computers, two different IPs, 2 different homes. It is NOT working.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

If you check the annoucements on the http://www.eq2players.com/ website and the announcement forums here you would see that the Character Transfer service is down for maintence and there is no eta on the return of it.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=397590
    Station Exchange & Character Transfer Service Maintenance Notification
    Station Exchange and Character Transfer Services for EQII have been disabled for maintenance. During the maintenance period it will not be possible to participate in auctions on Station Exchange or transfer characters from one server to another using the transfer service. Currently we do not have an ETA for when we will have the services back up, but we will update this page with more information when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience while we perform this maintenance.

~Gnobrin!
  20. ARCHIVED-akees Guest

Well I'll be dam. Interesting that went up only two days ago. I've been trying for two weeks.

Ty tho.