Traits: 2.5% max power VS 5 power regen

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mortac, Sep 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Mortac Guest

Which one is the best? I've always been a fan of power regen, thinking that it does more for you than what a higher max power would. Somebody told me "max power all the way" though, so perhaps I'm missing something.
    Opinions?
  2. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

It would depend on what level you are and if your group pve , or solo. In PvP I find the regen more usefull.
    A quick browse on the market for Items in your level could tell you. Or maybe Wiki Items questable at your level.
    Right now at my level (35 pvp) I would sell my sister and her first born for more pwr regen Items. Most my Items I pick up add to pwr plus wisdom giving more pwr. I very rarely run into anything with "In combat pwr regen"
    So I pick every trait pertaining to "In combat pwr regen" I can get. thats just my oppinion.
    Raid wise and near max level ... the max pwr can be more usefull , considering it is % based.
  3. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

id actually go max hp pool personally, but think of it this way, for max pool vs regen. it takes 6 secs for a tick. if u have a bigger pool, u have more of a chance to use power items instead of sitting there waiting for a tick. & for max hp vs power, if u can have all the power in the world, but if ur dead, u cant use it. u can at least use items, get feeds, etc if ur alive, but low or empty on power.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

At lower levels regen is better. At higher levels pool is better. That is 'cause your in combat reg is 1% of your pool. At high levels an 2.5% increase of your pool actually increase your reg by more then the regen would give you.

But if you are raiding (or probably also for PvP) max health is always the stat you want.
  5. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Low levels go with power regen. High levels, especially if raiding, change it all to max HP....cause power regen isn't a big deal if you have a chanter in group, and you need as many HP as possible to give you the best chance at surviving aoes.
    I'd go a step farther and choose to buff sta when you get that option as leveling
  6. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Max HP is really the only option I would consider, especially at max level.
    Also, I'd always choose the physical mitigation for the resist option and go with either stamina or your primary stat (wis I assume based on where this post is located) for the stat option.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Max HP is the way to go, at least at the higher-end. Power regen might be ok for leveling if you find yourself out of power a lot even with drink, but a 2.5% bigger power pool is similarly not going to help you that much (think of it as filling a pool with a garden hose -- making it a slightly taller pool doesn't make it fill up any faster). Max HP however adds directly to your survivability at the high end and is pretty much the only way to go.
  8. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Reviving an older thread here. (I know, I know)
    I've always been of the max HP mindset. But, that's been largely driven by raiding at max level. Recently, I've been spending most of my time in game with 30s toons in BGs or on Nagafen. So far, I have still kept my old standard of max hp. However, on my 39 warden I'm finding myself OOP faster than I'd like. And, as someone above noted there seems to be very little to help with that fact outside of the manastone at this level. I think I'll try to swtich to the power regen. Now my only remaining debate will be which adornments. HP or power. /assumes thinking man pose
  9. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Level your crafting and then get tinkering up...tinkered manastones ftw tbh...
  10. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Calberak@Valor wrote:
    This hasn't been the case in YEARS. Literally YEARS. Yes, in combat was, at one time, a percentage of power pool, but I cannot even remember when that was changed it was so long ago.
  11. ARCHIVED-Morogoth Drakul Guest

Banditman wrote:
    i wish my in combat regens were % based and those traits said 5.0% instead of 5.0
    id be like "oh yeah!! ulitmate power baby!!", but then they would find some way to circumvent by ultimate greatness and it would be extreme spell costs.
    ....but ya i had mine literally spec'd for regen all the way to 80. seriously. i could still have it spec'd like that and it wouldnt matter to me. its just i dont have the power regen stuff so ya. i have been doin some raiding lately though and it tends to be the case that you end up with power buffs one way or another. so i spec'd out to max power to give me a few extra points of power.
  12. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Elhonna@Blackburrow wrote:
    I may have to do that.

And yes, once I looked more closely and saw that it was just 5 points per tic I abandoned the thought of going to regen. That's horrid.