Tradeskills/Itemisation

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Dmanja, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Dmanja New Member

I don’t know where to start wit this post. I don’t want to be a ‘Negative Nancy’ because I appreciate that the devs do as much as they can given their limited resources.

However the itemization of this x-pac (BoL) is the worst since Desert of Flames, and may be worse than that.

My reasons for saying this are as follows:

1.Recipes for at least half the tradeskills classes are pointless now. The free equipment is on par with the handcrafted t/skill gear so there is absolutely no reason for this to be crafted. Why even put these recipes in? They are pointless. Worse, the quest rewards from simple ‘kill 10 rat’ quests are better than the MC items, making them redundant as well. You would think that there would be some advantage to the HC stuff to encourage get HC gear, and then people looking for heroics to get mc gear but this progression is broken. Tailors are worst hit, with nothing to make that is useful, weaponsmiths and woodworkers are limited to making arrows/bolts, armorsmiths just (maybe) merc equipment and jewellers are left with only their CA upgrades (more on those below).
    2.PQ rewards purchasable from status merchant in Sanctus Seru are worse in itemization than anything. Why have these in the game? Surely doing PQs should enable you to get an upgrade?
    3.Spell/CA upgrades. I appreciate that putting the adepts in ‘advanced’ books removed the requirement for populating them in drop tables and gave a reason for shadowed materials to exist for the Expert spells. However given the rarity of the shadow books, with no way to ‘earn’ them, leaves many crafter at the cruel mercy of RNG. As profession spells/CAs do not have to be learnt sequentially from J-A-M like ascension abilities, this makes the recipes for adepts be the poor man’s substitute for non cashed-up crafters who can afford the millions of plat prices for shadow books. I am not calling for all abilities to have to be learnt sequentially (although there is some appeal in it) but perhaps these adepts 111-120 adepts could be transmuted into materials that are not for two expansions ago? (planar powder).
    4.In the same vein, loot tables have some prior expac items such as planar fragments.
    5.Red adornments. Given that a whole category of orange adornments were thrown out, and the scarcity (and 2 charge limit) on new red adorns, you would expect a distillation book out to assist in getting the rare materials for these adorns.
    So there are the problems in a broad brush. Here are what I see as solutions:
    1.Tradeskills: make HC slightly better than the free equipment. If not in stats why not have these be like the Phantom Sea lvl 95 equipment and have 2 white adorn slots? Consider putting in the next bag/box size, bringing the max bag size to 50 for MC bags. This will give tailors and carpenters something regular to make. Maybe MC equipment can also have 2 white adorn slots.
    2.Improve the PQ equipment to be equal to solo quested equipment at least. Perhaps mix up the adorn slots to make some of them BiS prior to raid loot.
    3.Fix the transmute results for adepts. Consider, if not now but next ‘tier’ making upgrades sequential but not require a ‘recipe’ scroll as part of the J-A-E-M combines.
    4.Go through loot tables to eliminate items used for 110 and less items. Other than planar energy there is no need for these now. Perhaps consider having a merchant to buy these materials for transmute or infuser components.
    5.Put in distillation books for empyral adorn components.
    Argosunited likes this.