Tradeskilling in Thalumbra [Expansion Preview]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

cant wait to dive right in
    last beta was a blast even when stuff changed every 2 days or so
    I love all parts of this game so yea :D:):D:):D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Caela Well-Known Member

I'm glad there will be new tinkering recipes. But I didn't think we got any new ones the last time the level cap was increased - maybe a couple of adornment dislodgers if I'm remembering correctly (and being a gnome, I may not be).

I think tinkering was pretty much forgotten for Alter of Malice.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Oh boy sounds fun! Glad I preordered already hehe:) Force of habit lol but at least now I can smile about it!! Actually you sucked me in with the house altar! See you in the beta!
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can't wait to dive in and test!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? /tease
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I got all my tradeskillers up to 100 so I could participate, let's do etttttt.
  6. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Great info to boost our enthusiasm for the new content. Can't wait to get started <wrings hands with excitement>
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m looking forward to beta so I can help squash those bugs missed out last year slight problem with my gaming rig I now have a rig that should handle it. and I have all 9 crafters at 100 so can test the recipies on any crafting class. and 1 adorner/tinkerer so can test those also.
  8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Are we using AoM level harvests, or will there be a new tier of 96-105 stuff? Likewise with transmuting: new level of transmutes so we can make a new level of white adorns.
  9. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Okay, this looks amazing and exciting but now I really need to move my tuckus. Some of my TSers aren't lvl 100 yet, and I thought I'd just wait for the new xpac to level them via the new questlines. NOPE!

But we also have double status this weekend, so perfect time to grind writs on those last characters!
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Shame on you Domino, tempting me with new furniture recipes! I've already pre-ordered, but now I'm impatient as well! Can we improve the rare drop rate, especially if the new grandmaster recipes are going to need multiple rares per combine? I have 8 level 100's and making gear for them as they leveled up was insane! I hope not to have to go through that again.

I also like the idea of a player written book that looks like a page or scroll. Your comment on that post makes me wiggle with excitement to see what we get! And placeable packs! Maybe one might be a personal armor depot? ;)Pretty please?
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

Oh dear. I can see my hands are going to wither away to nothing trying to get faction for all my lvl 100 crafters. Is there some way we could just earn faction on each account that is good for all our toons on that account? I'd hate to wear off all the key labels, on my new laptop, like I did on my old laptop getting my crafters to lvl 100.
  12. kluxor Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they add some 8/8 purple runes since the one and only option is RC still
    Jrel likes this.
  13. Domino Well-Known Member

Glad you're as excited as we are! :cool:

There *will* be a tradeskill beta buffer, so don't feel you need to grind up all your live characters in order to help test. As for the rest, we're getting the beta forums ready now and there will be lots more information to read and discuss once those are up, so we'll see you over there very soon! :)
  14. Armageddoux Active Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Awkk like this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

16. Eradani Well-Known Member

17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Curious at this response, as by the looks of it we haven't had any new tinkering recipes since CoE anyway (level 90-95) and even then it was only 3 recipes.
    Caela and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. rutro Well-Known Member

I like to see any new ideas and things in game :) The level cap was mentioned...? In both trade skilling and adventuring...to me, increasing levels is just a way to run from being innovative and actually creating something different and fun....(hopefully, this will be different and fun). I seriously hope EQ2 devs/employees do not listen to the insta-gratifaction crowd. IMO, this instant gratification has led to bad content with nothing left to do...months before "new" content comes. If you think people are not starving for "harder" more MMO type content...just take a look at the influx of TLE players. EQ2 never new there were that many players just sick of level caps and just throwing skins over once great zones ...making them useless... I hope this tradeskill timeline isn't even close to as easy as the AOM one. I think I completed that one in just a few hours....
  20. Caela Well-Known Member

There is no increase in the level cap.