Tradeskill Writs for crafters over 110 and the cost.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kuulei, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The fuel cost to do a regular Tradeskill writ was 18 plat for a total of 360 coruscating kindling.
    As a provisioner, I was asked to make 36 Shik`Nar Sake, using 180 kindling at a cost of 9 plat and was "paid" 7plat, 15 Gold and 50 silver. Then I was asked to make 36 Bogling Burger using the same amount of fuel and again paid
    7plat, 15 Gold and 50 silver.
    Reward from turning the quest in, 30 gold.
    Total fuel cost: 18 plat
    Total coin received back: 2X 7 plat, 15 gold, 50 silver = 14 plat, 31 gold plus 30 gold at quest turn in for a grand total of 14 plat, 61 gold.
    My loss for the one writ, 3 plat, 39 gold.
    I suggest crafters only do the rush order writs, at least it covers the fuel cost with a profit of 58 gold pieces in some cases. Stay away from the <Tradeskill Writ Agent> and only do business with <Tradeskill Rush Order Agent> ! :rolleyes:
    chattie, Soara2, Kotton and 5 others like this.
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

So you're saying the regular writs (at least for provisioners) are the Norrathian equivalent of Grubhub's business model?

Seems legit. :D
    chattie, Soara2, Kuulei and 1 other person like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Okay, when I started crafting 9 years ago, I was told the rush orders are better experience. So I never really got into doing the regular ones. This is interesting information. Tell me, do you get more experience or status from the regular one or did you just mistake it for the rush order agent? Keep in mind the whole per item thing. Lol. I'm wondering if it only rips off your plat, which is pretty hard to get on test, or if it is an all around rip off. I don't have the mats to really check on test and too high to test on live. Lol

Btw, at 110 if you're after levels, I just do the BoL crafting line to 120. It takes a lot less materials and time. Plus if you finish, you can fly in the Blinding, etc. Now, if you are after status, well let's hope for the guide quests and make lots of alts. Lol
    Blazen and Breanna like this.