Tradeskill Suggestions as Requested in Kandor's Candor Ep 1

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Carynn, Mar 28, 2020.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Thanks but I can fix my own post.
  2. Zell Member

Adventuring has solo, group, and raid content. Tradeskills has solo content some old missions that are group content however anyone can solo them with mass production. They need more group and yes raid TS content in the game. TS recipes shouldn't be locked behind adventuring content but TS content.

They need to overhaul tradeskills

make each tier have one base recipe instead of 4-5 for each slot, but leaving the variations for role class specifics (melodic, devout, vanguard as armorsmith examples)

No more Material based names for items, they will now need new names to associate the tier the item is.

change handcrafted to journeyman-crafted, change master-crafted fabled to grandmaster-crafted

remove imbued and blessed recipes

add ultra rare materials instead of shadow harvesting. these materials are gained only in TS instances and are used to craft the grandmaster-crafted items

depending on what material that is used for the primary component the item will result as such

add an option to let the player always select the primary component or auto select by default or desired entry

Replace Experimentation with Enchanting that lets the player now add the prefix and suffix of there choosing to an item along with effects this is were imbued and blessed will be added back in.

Items can be enchanted with one prefix, one suffix, and one effects like the imbued or blessed this also gives room for new effects to be added as well such as haste effect, or % chance to damage attacker when being attacked and the like effects and much more as well as now having items other then weapons, chest slot and leg slot armor pieces, and rings have effects on them.

add the enchant-able tag to item tags, looted items can be enchanted however only if they have the new enchant-able tag

some looted items may only allow one or two enchantments because it already has one of the enchantment types (suffix, prefix, effect).

items can be re-enchanted however it will replace any previous enchantments added to the item

these prefix and suffix will be what adds more role specific statistics to an item. like Sturdy prefix will add HP and Mitigation

Change it so transmuting gives items for adorning and enchanting

Change it so salvaging gives items for reforging (see below)

Salvaged materials will now be the common (add tier name) material, uncommon (add tier name) material, rare (add tier name) material, and ultra rare (add tier name) material. this removes harvested materials that were used for imbue and blessed recipes. this also is were you get uncommon lunar material that we so hate.

Change Reforging to allow players to reforge items to higher grade. journeyman-crafted/treasured items to master-crafted, master-crafted/legendary to grandmaster-crafted, this includes looted items so long as they have the reforge-able tag

looted items reforged in this way will now be given a upgraded associated crafted tag (journeyman, master, grandmaster) as well as increased statistics to match the upgraded rank of the item but will keep there name.

Reforging uses the for mentioned salvage materials.

this means a player now only needs one character to make items for just themselves if they want or can buy the items or have a whole team but it provides a solution to all of this. as they can now buy journeyman-crafted and reforge it themselves or loot items and reforge it themselves. then they can enchant it themselves as desired or buy the finished item from a another player who has done so.
    Kheldar and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Zypp Member

I miss Quo! I love to hate the little guy.
    Kheldar, Carynn and Dude like this.
  4. Kobig New Member

How about adding larger Backpack, quivers and ammo bags for tailors to make, and larger strongboxes that carpenters can make.
    Carynn likes this.
  5. Zell Member

actually speaking of containers its been mentioned i think few times before but someone in game was asking about it yesterday before the downtime. Place-able house storage items like boxes and weapon racks that actually hold weapons, armoires that actually hold clothing, bookshelves that actually hold books, ect. i know in the past it couldnt be done due to index issues when the container got moved however that was long ago and the games code has evolved since then i think they should evaluate the issue. as for items count it wont be an issue if anything placed in a container like this still counts as a placed item within the house.
    Rosyposy likes this.