Tradeskill Researcher

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Gundeg "The Anvil" Midst, in the Bazaar, inconsistently offers me a quest. I might get one a day before he tells me to come back later, or not at all. Mostly he's telling me "Let me look..." and to check back later. He's also refusing to show me his research.
    WhysperWynde, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Same. Someone said there was four research quests and I thought they must be delusional. Then I got it, once.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm having the same problem. Are these guys on a timer like the Anchorage researchers? There, you could come back a day later, or two days later, and still not be able to get the next mission because you weren't here during the window where they were offering new missions.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i don't know, because i've been able to pick up 3 quests consistently every hour or so. i don't see why the fourth would be different.
    Argosunited, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I haven't been able to get Anvil missions for several days now.
  6. Mezaka Active Member

If you want to get all four tradeskill quests at once, do the following:

Get the two in Bazaar first, then Echo Caverns, then savage weald. When you return, especially if it is after enough time to get the quests offered again, do bazaar first. If you have an active quest from Fivalt, Anvil will not offer you his quest.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That seems like a bug. You should be able to get either of the Bazaar tradeskill missions without any regard to the timer on the other guy.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It is a bug. Gninja has been advancing the quests for some of the researchers manually each day (on most servers).
    Even the work around of not having Fivalt's quest in journal can fail. Just had it happen to me. I didn't have any quests, went to Gundeg and no feather for him, only Purhini(sp) had a quest for me.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

I was told by someone that sometimes the two researchers in the bazaar have the same quest, therefore you can only get one. I have no way to verify it, but definitely a bug. I have definitely come into the bazaar with no quests and still only been able to get a single quest from 'Edge' and "Anvil'.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The one time I did get the fourth quest I had and got all four at once, so that is not correct.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Yes you can get all 4, and I have at times as well. I was told sometimes they randomly land on the same quest which is when only 1 is available. That doesn't make complete sense to me either though, since you'd think that if that were the case they'd both show feathers until you claimed one of them. /Shrug. Hopefully they fix it soon, guessing it won't be until sometime in January though.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Ah, I get what you mean now. You'd also think they'd both have completely different quests.
    Melkior likes this.