Fixed Internally Tradeskill Research Apprentices - Missions not rotating

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Morukta, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Awesome! I'll keep an eye on the tasks & let you know if I see duplicates or out-of-sync popping up again! :)
  2. Gelenor Well-Known Member

\|
    Yeah , and +1 for your effort. but many existing players completed ALL recipes while still in the AOM expansion, as those you discovered during the expansion reduced the number you had to complete. The end result was that MANY YEARS AGO the by the end of AoM.. there was no increases in achievements for many players for assisting the researchers with their research. Fix that, as the option still exists to assist the researcher for the achievements, and you might keep the long term term player happy as well.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'm not sure what you're getting at - if you mean the achievements for assisting say 25 or 50 times, I've gotten those recently on newer characters that never had apprentices. Since they stopped adding recipes to be researched, why bother adding higher level achievements for continuing to assist the apprentices?? Most people these days don't even bother with their apprentices, tho a few still do for potions, or as in my case I reset tradeskill class on a few alts & slow-grind with the apprentices and hope for a reactant to sell here and there. Not much else they're good for once you have all their recipes...
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

This is a bug report thread not a discussion thread. Since your post has nothing whatever to do with the bug in question I suggest you post it as Feedback somewhere more appropriate.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Well, I sure didn't expect it so soon, but this morning I got a repeat (of yesterdays 'Mallet") and an out of sync toon again (one got Toolbelt instead of the Mallet repeat). FYI ! ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Apr 23 & 24 were another repeat (Basket) with out-of-sync getting Knife instead.
    Today, another repeat, but ONLY on the out-of-sync character. The rest moved on to Apron.
  7. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

It was a decent stretch, then I got hopeful maaaybe it was fixed. Nope. :(
    I got the Knife quest yesterday, then it repeated today (May 9 & 10).
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Knife repeat again, May 14 & 15.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Repeat of Toolbelt today (May 22 & 23)
  10. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Got a repeat again today. Toolbelt, June 6 & 7.
    At some point in the near future I won't be tracking this problem even on the periphery, as I only have a couple of characters now with any recipes still remaining to research.
  11. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Another repeat, this time it was the Basket. (June 17 & 18)
  12. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Forgot to add a duplication, Apron on June 20 & 21.
    Today, I got another repeat of Apron (June 29 & 30), but also that was only on three of my characters. The rest that I still do the apprentice daily all got Mallet instead. Previously, only one of my characters ever had the out-of-sync quest item, today it was 3 or 4 of them.
  13. Ratalthor Developer

With the next update, there will be additional logging added that will help us identify why these are failing to rotate.
    Morukta, Twyla, Taled and 1 other person like this.
  14. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Squash that bug! Squash that bug! :)
    Sounds like an anti-insect military space war propaganda poster or something. lol ;)

Also, I didn't go back thru old posts in this thread, but reading this in my last post:
    : made me think/realize maybe it did happen once before that more that one toon had an out-of-sync day. In any event, here's hoping the logs will ferret out the code culprit!
  15. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Annnnd, had another repeat today. Toolbelt on Aug 10 & 11.
    This one, I tell you, it's like a cockroach-level bug, isn't it? LOL :eek:
  16. Denmum Developer

Yep!
    Morukta and Twyla like this.
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I had another repeat today - Aug 31/Sep 1, Basket item quest.
    Also, I forgot to post it apparently, but I had a repeat of the Toolbelt a couple weeks ago. It was a busy time... ;)
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm curious, is there a reason this actually matters in practical terms? Does the chance of a given reward (progress potions, etc.) vary based on what item you're asked to craft?
    Twyla likes this.
  19. Twyla Well-Known Member

No, the rotation means almost nothing. It's nice to have variety, and doing the same one over and over tends to use up a lot of only one kind of fuel.
    Breanna, Morukta and Arandar like this.
  20. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Got another repeat of the Apron item today (Sept 2 & 3).

Also, What Twyla said - the actual rotation has nothing to do with what reward you get at completion. For many years, the rotation was always the same order of the five items, then a while back (2yrs?) something changed and they started randomly, unexpectedly repeating. Sometimes for days at a time (4-5+), or just a single repeat with a week or three between. It's an odd, niggly little bug that seems intent on sticking around no matter what the devs seem to try to fix it. LOL