Fixed Internally Tradeskill Research Apprentices - Missions not rotating

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Morukta, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I think there is definitely truth to that. I seem to recall the same with different characters & the quest they got before or after an update patch. Same for me, it's been a long, long time since I've seen that since I tend to get them all done before the servers go down for regular updates.

What I am finding just as interesting is that until recently I never saw any difference in quests between accounts or characters on the same account, except as you mentioned & I noted above. If one had a repeat, they ALL had the same repeat. Now, I have two characters on a single account that are out of sync, getting repeats on different days. The first day that happened was followed by a non-repeat where both characters got different quests, on the third day it was back to the same quest for both and then the fourth day (today) two different quests with one being a repeat.

Something, somewhere is VERY screwed up. LOL
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

you make the thing, the research time goes down a bit when you give it to researcher.
    does it matter which thing you make? honest question
    Rattophaxe and Twyla like this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Basically no. The results are the same regardless of quest done. Same thing with the screwy Kunark faction quests, all of them yield the same result. The ones where it does matter and which need the priority fix are the Sundered Frontier ones that can actually block your ability to work up faction depending on how the repeats hit. (And AOM if the Rallic pack one goes missing again)
    Twyla and Bludd like this.
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

What Tkia said - when you 'assist' or make whichever item, you reduce the total time required for the tradeskill apprentice to research whichever recipe(s) you've assigned. Each of the interactions reduce the total time required by 4 hours, or a total of 8 hours reduction per day if you do both (repeatable every 18hr, not a full 24hr, so if you're also an insomniac who never sleeps...).
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I say go for it! LOL
    Fact of the matter is, if you just go quiet and walk away nobody ever does anything about your issues.
    If you don't shut up and keep bringing it up, they'll eventually wear down and either do something to fix the problem or just flat say they're NEVER going to do ANYTHING to fix it ( you know, like that annoying "account is in use" bug...).

So, until they say they're never going to fix it (and I doubt they ever will fix it), I'll keep posting and bumping bugs that affect me. o_O
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

And again today, got the Apron quest for the third day in a row - and again my ONE character didn't get the apron (he did NOT got a repeat, tho).
  7. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

What the . . . . Suddenly, ALL comments (mine AND those made by others) on this similar, but different bug report all the way back to Sept 18, 2021 have been wiped out: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...eskill-apprentice-dailies-out-of-sync.600877/ . The thread has also been closed for any further comments.

The daily apprentice tasks repeating across all characters is one bug and just one character across three account not getting the repeat or even the same item quest as the rest is a totally different bug. Nobody at DBG said anything in that thread, nobody said anything in this thread, nobody sent me a message about why the out of sync thread was having all but the OP and one follow-up post deleted (which contains updates I had made thru the end of Sept!).

What gives, DBG??? The out of sync AND the repeats are STILL happening - they just occurred TODAY....
    Geroblue likes this.
  8. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Yes I see my earlier comment has been deleted from this thread. I admit it was maybe slightly provocative, but that bad??
    Morukta likes this.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I thought about making a new post for the out of sync bug, but to be quite honest what's the point in bothering? It's not something they're ever going to bother fixing, just like so very many other bugs that have been outstanding for many years at this point.
    They confirm bugs reported are valid, then they never fix them.
    They tag bugs as "QA in Progress" and they sit that way for months and months without ever being fixed.

The sad truth is, Denmum is the best thing to happen to this game & the dev team since launch, but she's just one beautiful snowflake trying to stop an avalanche of epic proportions when it's already 85%-90% of the way down the mountain.

:(:(:(
    Twyla and Fuhraal like this.
  10. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Day 4 - once again the Apron quest from my research apprentices.
    And once again, a single toon gets something different (Basket this time, not a repeat).
  11. Fuhraal New Member

My comment on that thread has also been deleted - everyone's has been.
    More shady behaviour from SOE (DBG), aka 'standard operating procedure', what a surprise.
    Geroblue likes this.
  12. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Shocking - no repeat, nor a different on one toon day.
    ALL of my toons got the knife.
  13. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Repeat of the Knife quest for all my characters except the single stand-alone, he got the Apron instead today.

Edit: I spoke too soon. For the first time in my experience, three characters got the Knife as a repeat and the rest received the Apron quest. Weird.
  14. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Well, I certainly hope I'm not speaking too soon, but for the last ~week~ or so I haven't noticed any repetitions of the daily apprentice tasks, nor have I seen a character get a task different from the rest. Hopefully this is fixed, tho I don't recall seeing it mentioned in any recent updates. Only time will tell...
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

/SIGH I was so hopeful !!

After perhaps two weeks of not noting any repetitions, today all of my characters got a repeat of yesterday's quest for the sturdy knife from research apprentices. (Mar 25 & 26)

So, still bugged. :(
    Geroblue likes this.
  16. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I was unable to log on Sunday (Mar 27), but still got a repeat of the knife quest when I went thru all my characters on Monday, Mar 28. Today, everyone moved on to getting the basket quest. I had hoped & presumed that maybe after I missed a day of logging in completely ( I know, I know - the shame! ) maybe the cycle would break. LOL
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Another repeat. Today I got the Apron quest across most of my characters, same item quest as yesterday.
    I also got an out-of-sync with one character. Instead of the apron he got the mallet (perhaps what the rest should have gotten).
  18. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Day 3, repeat of the Apron item quest for all except one - that one moved on to the Toolbelt instead of repeating yesterdays Mallet.
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Again today, I got a repeat of the Knife item quest across the board except the one character who got the Apron instead.

Going back to not bothering to track/report additional repeats or out-of-sync. This seems to be at the same point it was when first reported and going nowhere fast. ;)
  20. Ratalthor Developer

We submitted some speculative fixes since the GU. Let us know if you have seen any improvements. Thanks!