QA In Progress Tradeskill Research Apprentices

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Morukta, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Marae Well-Known Member

Now, this is interesting. I did not have any issues with missed quests for over a week, on either of my accounts, so it appears that this is not a coordinated effect. In other words, it affects different accounts individually.

For the record, recently I had:

Wed Sep 8: A Sturdy Larix Mallet
    Thurs Sep 9: A Ragged Leather Hide Toolbelt
    Fri Sep 10: A Sturdy Leonid Basket
    Sat Sep 11: A Sturdy Cadmium Knife
    Sun Sep 12: A Ragged Leather Hide Apron
    Mon Sep 13: A Sturdy Larix Mallet
    Tues Sep 14: A Ragged Leather Hide Toolbelt
    Wed Sep 15: A Sturdy Leonid Basket
    Thurs Sep 16: A Sturdy Cadmium Knife
    Fri Sep 17: A Ragged Leather Hide Apron
    Sat Sep 18: A Sturdy Larix Mallet
    Sun Sep 19: A Ragged Leather Hide Toolbelt

That's based on my logs.

Now, I have had it happen in the past on more than one occasion that characters who had their crafting dailies done on either side of an update got different assignments. It's been long enough since that happened that I've forgotten details, but my recollection is that I attributed the difference - either starting a sequence of repeats or ending one - to the update itself.
    Morukta likes this.
  2. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I think there is definitely truth to that. I seem to recall the same with different characters & the quest they got before or after an update patch. Same for me, it's been a long, long time since I've seen that since I tend to get them all done before the servers go down for regular updates.

What I am finding just as interesting is that until recently I never saw any difference in quests between accounts or characters on the same account, except as you mentioned & I noted above. If one had a repeat, they ALL had the same repeat. Now, I have two characters on a single account that are out of sync, getting repeats on different days. The first day that happened was followed by a non-repeat where both characters got different quests, on the third day it was back to the same quest for both and then the fourth day (today) two different quests with one being a repeat.

Something, somewhere is VERY screwed up. LOL
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

you make the thing, the research time goes down a bit when you give it to researcher.
    does it matter which thing you make? honest question
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Basically no. The results are the same regardless of quest done. Same thing with the screwy Kunark faction quests, all of them yield the same result. The ones where it does matter and which need the priority fix are the Sundered Frontier ones that can actually block your ability to work up faction depending on how the repeats hit. (And AOM if the Rallic pack one goes missing again)
    Bludd likes this.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

What Tkia said - when you 'assist' or make whichever item, you reduce the total time required for the tradeskill apprentice to research whichever recipe(s) you've assigned. Each of the interactions reduce the total time required by 4 hours, or a total of 8 hours reduction per day if you do both (repeatable every 18hr, not a full 24hr, so if you're also an insomniac who never sleeps...).