Tradeskill Peddler Idea

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-scarlettwoman, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-scarlettwoman Guest

I had an inspiration, but I wasn't sure if it belongs here or in Gameplay, so forgive me if I chose unwisely :)
    I also apologize if this has been suggested elsewhere, but it was very hard to search for this particular topic on the forums.
    It might be cool if tradeskillers could sell their goods from their own toon while wandering around different zones, like a traveling merchant. Perhaps they could equip some sort of special bag or box to carry their goods in that would allow them to sell directly to players in person. They could have a tag to indicate they are selling, similar to the LFG or LFW tags. This would be cool because:
    1. Sometimes you are in a zone and need food, drink, arrows, potions, etc, but having to zone all the way back to a broker would be a pain.
    2. It would be cool for some roleplayers to be able to travel the lands pedding their wares.
    3. It gives selling your goods a more immersive and hands on feel. You can actually meet your customers/crafters face to face.
    I am not saying this should replace the existing system, I just thought it would be a fun addition. I think certain restrictions could be put in place to minimize using this system for malicious reasons, such as you can only sell things your toon has tradeskilled themselves from your peddler bag (as in NOT harvested items, mob drops or things you bought from somone else), maybe making the items in your peddler bag not available on the regular broker at the same time, etc.
    ~Ataxia Stumblebunny, Guild of Calamitous Intent
  2. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

While i like this idea, I am not sure your aware that there are portable crafting tables soooo if you so wanted you could just pop up a crafting table where ever you meet your customer and blam make their goods for them right there and then. I "think" that the reason why this idea in general hasn't been implemented is that SoE wanted some time sinks into the game to get various things. As in make a person travel all of the way to a broker. Although this logic kind of falls on it's face when you hit Kunark and the brokers there are MUCH easier to get to. Another thought why they might not have implemented this is it would cause you to have an abnormally large potiential to store stuff. Ohh your bags getting full let me throw this on the broker, ok got more room for more stuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-Walford Guest

Good idea :)
    I still remember in the good 'ol days when stuff was not attuned, I would sell jewelry I had crafted (and was wearing) to my group mates or others i inspected... especially under-geared tanks. ANything to make your group survive a bit longer! ;)
    Another nice trip down Amnesia Lane!

Canul
    <Renegades> AB