Tradeskill numbers not coming up

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Juraiya, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I changed my settings to extreme performance because of the lag during the dragon attacks, and now when I tradeskill, I don't see the numbers pop up that show durability and progress change. I need to see them, if only to know when I can hit the progress keys again. (I hit them every round, not just when I need a reaction.)

I tried turning on Third Party Damage, but that doesn't seem to be it. Does anyone know how this specific item is turned on? I don't really want to turn everything up yet, since I'm still going to be fighting dragons, but this is making crafting pretty near impossible to me.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what the numbers entail, since I've always done it visually and just kept my eyes there; every time I see the blue or green bar twitch at all in the crafting window (I'm with you; not just when I need it for a reaction), I do the Three-Button Dance (usually for Progress, since I'm impatient, but if I lose any Durability at all, I'm mashing those buttons), just to let it know I mean business. Gets things done faster that way. ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I do the same - progress (6-5-4) primarily, durability (3-2-1) if that drops too far.

I was doing some Experimentation on a weapon the other day, and the lack of numbers coming up made it pretty difficult. You can't always TELL when the bar moves on that one, so I didn't always know when to hit buttons. (Which, btw, are quite different from the normal crafting ones in what they do.)

It was a bit nerve-wracking because occasionally I was hitting buttons right BEFORE the reaction option appeared, and then it would of course do a bad fail. I finally just had to go with only doing reaction arts when something popped up, or when the reaction disappeared from the bar. (A little hard to explain. I just hope you're familiar with it and can figure out what I mean.)

This is NOT the optimal way to do Experimentation, which is why I need the numbers back.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! I hardly ever do Experimentation, so I'll bow to your wisdom in the matter. :)

Good luck, or at least, better... :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I need to work on experimentation, I just don't seem to have the patience for it. I can stand for hours and work up a tinkerer, but experimentation, 10 minutes and I am chomping at the bit.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Same I don't think I've experimented on more than 3 or 4 things, or course I guess I don't really need to since I don't group or raid LOL
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I use it for the augmented strike on weapons, and sometimes to make an appearance piece by adding a decorative effect. It's in fact a cheap way to create an appearance weapon for a mule, so I sometimes use it for that.

Yeah, I do experimentation quite a bit, and I don't raid at all. :)
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't really "need" to either, but I am a completionist, so it is a skill that is sitting there unfinished, so it will drive me insane until I max it out.

Its like an unfinished shiny collection.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Y'know what I still wish they'd do (maybe I should literally put it on the Norrathian Homeshow Wishlist...)? LET US KNOW WHAT THE REWARDS ARE FOR COLLECTIONS. Seriously. I've wasted entirely too much gold/plat on the last pieces of collections, only to find the "reward" on turn-in is nothing more than a handful of pocket change in silver; not even a gear item, let alone a cool House Item. :-/

Hmm, maybe that's why they don't tell us -- nah, both Vox and The Bazaar don't exist any more... :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Juraiya like this.