Tradeskill Faction Guide?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Caela, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

Is there a guide that lists the various tradeskill factions and what goodies you get with each one?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zeedlana Guest

I found this at Traders Corner - clicky for link
    Hopefully it's on the right track.
  3. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

That covers the city tradeskill factions... This may be a project I can start if there is no guide already out there... I'm not even sure what factions there are... This is off the top of my head - can any one fill in what I am missing? City Factions -Qeynos: Ironforge Exchange -Freeport: Coalition of Tradesfolke -Kelethin: Tunare's Pages -Neriak: Dark Bargainers -Gorowyn: Academy of Logistics -New Halas: Ravens of the North Far Seas RoK Factions -Bathizid -Rillis -Danak SF Factions -Hue Mein -Kerra -??? DoV -Thurgadin Forgemasters
  4. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Caela wrote:
    SF
    Paineel crafters and Que'el
    DoV othimir crafters don't know the name though.
    Oh and to get some special books there is a drunder crafting questline.
  5. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

worth doing ----------- The only factions I am concerned about are bathezid's watch for solstice earring, quel'uel/hua mein/kerra isle (for recipes), thurgadin forgemasters (for recipes). The only questlines I am concerned about are proof pudding, paineel->quel so epic mail is sent(just to get extra evac), and dov into drunder for the recipes, and dov thurg forgemasters (for recipes and shawl). I used to care about far seas faction for the crafting armor set bonus, but the othmir chest piece made it obsolete last year in 1 item. it is still nice for the unicorn mount especially if you bother with qho questline. personally i rarely have the faction before finishing it. the mara tradeskill quest requires t5 harvesting skill (cant work on repeatable far seas faction till t6), and if im going to bother getting the charm, im prolly just going to take the toon to 90 and not bother with qho BUT once i start skilling up harvesting i cant stop at t5 and go do a weekly long faction grind for unicorn while not finishing cloak which takes a few more hours. the current faction setup for far seas and harvesting is EXTREMELY disjointed. it does not flow, and it makes no sense if you are trying to leverage features. basically you get it all after you dont need it, even if you put in the time. You have to go out of your way and neglect an aspect of your toons development (harvesting/faction grind/tradeskill leveling up) while you blindly focus on one endeavor for it to pay off before its useless. current setup is just silly. The +10 success chance primary from daily mara group instace is great item. If i was more ambitious i would get it for all my crafters. not worth doing -------------- -kos has crafted raid armor, not sure where recipes come from -eof recipes are dropped in emerald halls and on far seas vendor -rok there are 3 factions with recipes riliss bathezid danak -tso brought in the daily mara mission, and for a while had recipes (maybe this is extra rok recipes-im not 100% on this) in daily mara (now on far seas vendors) -SF took over daily mara mission recipe drop but is now on far seas vendor -dov currently has daily mara mission recipe drop (thurg and ry'gorr recipes)
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

ratbastard wrote:
    Putting opinions aside, some of the info is wrong or incomplete.
    KoS raid armor set is an NPC turn in of pattern + gems to an NPC is Sousek's Eye, not crafted.
    RoK factions are the same for crafters and adventurers, and all recipes are heirloom. So if you have 1 adventurer they can do the RoK quests and get the 40k needed to buy the heirloom recipes for each faction and pass them to crafters much easier than you could do it as a crafter. The faction for Proof of the Pudding needs to be earned by each crafter (-18,000 if I remember correctly, read the quest write up). You probably want to do Danak faction run to get access to 70-79 advanced books for 10g each. I believe those are heirloom, but not sure.
    Far Seas Supply Depot faction is available from Ship Out quest line in Moors, crafting quest line in BBM, the beginning of the SF tradeskill quest line, and from the FSSD quests in Mara (Daily missions, weekly mission and you can do writs AFTER you do Ship Out line in Moors). FSSD has all of the old dropped recipes from the crafting instances, harvesting mounts, and crafting clothing on it.
    SF quest line not only is required for the SF crafting weapon quest line, but also the faction merchants offer your 80-89 recipe books. Kerra Isle for outfitters, Quel'ull for scholars and Hui Mein for craftsmen.
    The Ry'gorr and Thurgadin armor recipes are from the daily crafting missions from Mara. Has nothing to do with DoV.
    Dov: Othmir quest line results in a nice chest peice. Working for the dwarves leads to you eventually working for the Forgemasters. Forgemasters directly leads to a recipe to cut gems (needed for Ry'gorr armor), a specific recipe book for your class, and most importantly lets you advance What Dreams May Come which results in a very nice neck item.
    Nobody has mentioned courts faction in Maj'dul. Any court at 40k allows a crafter to buy their 50-59 recipe books including Ancient Teachings 53, 55 and 58. This is seriously needed by scholars, less important to other crafters. Unfortunately there is no crafting method to raise court's faction. Choose 1 faction (blades, truth, coin) and then proceed to buy 125 tokens from the other 2 factions. Turn them all in (NPC for this is inside of an instance of the Tower of Moon) and you should be either at 40k or close to it. This will turn you KOS to NPCs from the other 2 factions so be careful in the city!
  7. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

Thanks Meirril!

If no such guide exists, I'll put something together so that it's in one document with links to everything.

One question... The Maj'Dul faction advanced books - are they no-trade or heirloom?
  8. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    TSO:
    Survival Accord
    Grobb
    Tuptan
  9. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Between eq2.zam.com, eq2.wikia.com and eq2.eqtraders.com, I think we already have things like this covered. You can easily contribute to the first two, if there's anything worth adding to their existing guides.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Caela wrote:
    No-trade.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Ragnaphore wrote:
    heirloom.