Tradeskill "epic" quest

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Alienor wrote:
    Since in both the adventure and the tradeskill epics you can't get the quest till 80, this is rather a moot point until the level cap is raised again. So for now, essentially, they award no xp. If the level cap is raised again so that you can do them before reaching the XP cap, they will award some tradeskill xp (and the adventure ones will award adventure xp). Arguably, (some) adventurers at the cap still get achievement XP from these quests (if that's not maxed too) but since we felt that achievement XP doesn't benefit crafters as much, that's the reason why you get all those nice rares at the end -- they're an extra reward that will actually be useful to the crafter, since they're gaining no XP and achievements aren't crafting-related.

So yes, anyone who doesn't want to "lose" the tradeskill XP from the tradeskill epic quest is free to put off doing it till the next level cap raise. That's another one of those personal choices that games like this give you. On the other hand, I haven't seen any announcements that there will be another, or if so, when ... and in the mean time those of us who decide to do it anyway get to show off our cool cloaks, run around with our clicky earrings, and enjoy our "Master" titles right now. :D
  2. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

I love my alchemist cloak. Top mark to whoever designed it!
  3. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

After doing this questline on several toons now I have the following observations to offer:

I recently did this with an alt that no one knew was mine and just started channel spamming for other on the quest for assistance with Proof of the Pudding, listed my class and those I was in need of. Within 2 hours I had finished the quest at ZERO cost other than rare, materials and fuel or 5g for fuel cost.

Being on the exchange server I realize there is a certain reputation that exist for people on those servers to be nothing more than greedy, self-centered plat farmers but this quest line has shown that there is definitely a solid community of players on our server who are willing to help out those who enjoy questing. I had 1 player in particular send me a tell that if I would meet him at his location he had 3 of the classes I needed and would be glad to log in and out to make the items for me as he kept his crafting alts in a single place. Awesome!

I offered to pay, dropped tips in the commission window, asked about payment, etc and every time I was told it wasnt necessary, just help out someone else when they needed it or maybe I could repay the favor to them someday.

So regardless of what you may have heard or hear about the exchange server there really is a good community of players there.

Another thing - I like the Weaponsmith cloak as well, nicely done all around.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ajida Guest

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has been saying, this was really fun and it has been so nice to meet other crafters as eager as I was to get my epic quest finished!
    Great to see people I'd never met before willing to log alts in response to me asking in the crafting channel, and not one of them wanted any gold for doing so even tho they'd gone out of their way to help me.
    Big thanks to those that helped my crafter achieve her Master Jeweler status, and thanks to Domino for giving us crafters something really fun to do!
    Great design on the jeweler cloak btw, loving it
  5. ARCHIVED-Deathshead Guest

I've been grinding hard from 56 to 80 since the announcement of the epic! I finally made 80 yesterday, finished the first half of the quest before bed, and then finished up with my combines today.

I must give you credit Domino, this was THE most enjoyable quest I've done in EQ2. This coming from someone who normally doesn't like being sent all over the world (Even the final combines sent me everywhere lol). I got to meet some very nice crafters doing this, made me get off my butt and talk to people for a change lol

If anyone needs an Alchemist combine on AB just send a tell to Akel :)
  6. ARCHIVED-shioki Guest

ShallaBal wrote:
    I don't think 2 prefix titles is a good idea. I doubt the game is coded to work that way, and it would just make names too complicated. Next thing you know there will be Lord Baron So-and-so running around. I would support making an option to have the crafter title a suffix title though. I spent a lot more time on earning my Coursair title, and won't replace it with anything until I finally get Captain. But if I could be Coursair Kurogo the Master Alchemist.....imho that would be really cool.
  7. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

The tradeskill epic was great. One problem, we didn't get a chromatic essence along with all the other rares we got at the end. The solution is simple. Another master level quest for which this epic is a prereq. that gives us the chromatic essence. Only master crafters need apply. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

Guy was offering 4pp (yes plat) per combine for about 5 different classes he needed. I did all of them for him for free. He was so tickled and appreciative. And you know what, it was great for me to see that he got his epic done and he really appreciated the help. I know that's all I needed!