Tradeskill "epic" quest

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Just starting a thread for speculation, discussion, and ranting, because I do like to keep things neat and tidy! :D

Here's about all I've said about them so far: link

In summary:
    • There is a tradeskill "epic" coming in as of today.
    • It is a quest line which, like the adventurer epics, reflects back a bit on EQ1 lore. And no, the lore (and the quest) do not revolve around cloaks.
    • There is one main reward for the quest, which is a quest line shared by all 9 crafting classes. However, during the quest line the different archetypes and classes branch off and may do different things from each other.
    • You do not require any faction with your home city's tradeskill society.
    • You should be able to do these quests at any adventure level, but you do need to be an 80 tradeskiller.
    The rest is up to you to discover. :D

Feel free to use this thread for any discussion, feedback, enthusiasm, and flames about how I forced you to grind to 80/faction/adventure/harvest/be interdependent/leave your dungeon/failed to give the reward one-click-pristine power/whatever* for these totally optional quests. ;)

*disclaimer: most of the above not being true, these flames may be ignored
  2. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

You're not forcing me to grind to 80, Domino.. you're motivating me to get er done finally! :)

Thank you for another great contribution to the game. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Krystara Guest

Talk about perfect timing for me. I just got 80 three days ago. Thank you Domino, I'm looking forward to figuring out my "epic" quest. I don't care what the reward is.. I'm just glad to have tradeskill quests.
    And I'm dying of curiousity about the cloaks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

AGH! I just got to 80 adventuring day before last, but I'm not quite there in tradeskilling.
    /whimper
  5. ARCHIVED-Youngone31 Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    People keep mentioning "lore this and lore that." Due to rl issues I was not around for epics in the first eq. How are people that was not arourd for the first set of epics to know about the lore needed to solve the riddles about the new epics?
  6. ARCHIVED-shadowgate Guest

Youngone31 wrote:
    I didnt have the PC to run EQ1 at the time either and started wit EQ2 but I have just been doing research. For my Wizard I ended up here and I am sure there is more info out there.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/....html?quest=769
  7. ARCHIVED-Rommie10-284 Guest

I feel the same way, this quest will be the carrot to get my Woodworker from 72 to 80, so hurray for carrots!

EDIT: And update my profile
  8. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

shadowgate wrote:
    You can also try the History and Lore board.
  9. ARCHIVED-Offem Guest

Con: The servers are due to go live while I am at work...

Pro: I only work two hours and will be home around 1:30 PST

Con: People will have a head start

Pro: I don't really care about that in all honesty, I'm just bored and passing the time

Con: There's no way I can get to 80 and make a disco before the first disco is made

Pro: I still get to enjoy other people celebrating the new disco's.

*See? There really are two ways to look at things!*
  10. ARCHIVED-Youngone31 Guest

Lyssia@The Bazaar wrote:
    Thanks for the advice. I have alot of things to read up on. I feel like I am back in school and was giving a reserch assignment to complete.
  11. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Yes she is .. Domino is EVIL ..

Great so I have my lvl 80 carp .. now I need to finish off the tailor and then get the sage and alch to 80 .. OMG thanks for forcing the endless grind.

If that wasn't bad enough .. could the bats on the BatZapper be any smaller? This is totally gamebreaking. Did anyone actually QA this change at all ?
  12. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    I am guessing this was meant to be funny.. but if it wasn't I really question how you even think a quest with *epic* proportions should be allowed to crafters below the cap max. Its called epic for a reason.

At any rate, am still under the impression you stated that with *funnies* in mind :)
  13. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Question...must you be L80 or is L79 okay because you can do L80 recipes out of the L79 books.
  14. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Sidori@Crushbone wrote:
    Yah :p

My only question is how much of a pain will the "start" be to find. Is this a "bob the midget gnome is lost in the middle of nowhere" or a "bright pink giant sitting outside each crafting area crying" quest starter ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-jmcgorlick Guest

Doh!! All my ts'ers are lvl 79!! I never saw the point to leveling them past that /sigh Back to the grind I guess
  16. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Yay, I've worked out what the quest is ! Although I haven't completed it yet.

The quest is to successfully zone into the Ironforge Exchange tradeskill instance in North Qeynos.

So far it's proving very difficult to complete, but if I keep clicking it might just let me in. Maybe it's a two-part quest though, and I'll have to try zoning out too ?

Bah, only thing worse than waiting for servers to come back up, is for them to come back up but your zone to be down...

17. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

I know Domino posted a link to all she's said about this quest, but I don't think that post IS all...

She made a little teaser statement partway down this page. Anyone else think it's related maybe?
  18. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

mmmm, not found the starter yet, but then I've just been running around like everyone else with map open looking for orange dots

it's suitable for all adventure levels, so the starter has got to be somewhere safe for low level adventurer types, just hope it's not a random drop from a mob !!!

doesn't seem to be from TS trainer, faction merchant, city merchant, or recipe merchant

back to the running around I guess...
  19. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Adeyia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    well the last quest added was the guy on TS docks .. so .. try Nek docks

actually .. somewhere in RoK would make more sense.
  20. ARCHIVED-roselark Guest

Nothing in Teren's Grasp. Did not find anything in Qeynos either.