Tradeskill bug maybe?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Roald, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Roald Member

It Says I am a level 100 Tailor, there are no level 100 Tailor essential craft books currently in our guilds recipe npc,, so not to complain, I started doing the lvl 99 trade skill writs, I did two, and I am currently at xp 57,082/174,982,496 to my next level. Is this a bug? or will I need to continue to my afterlife lol?
  2. Roald Member

Update: I went to the broker and bought the level 100 Tailor Essentials, I tried to scribe it and it said it was already scribed.
    So I went and tried a level 100 writ and when I tried to 'find' the recipe, it came up blank. I manually tried to look for it, but it just did not exist in my recipe book, it was for a hammered cloak and Hammered did not exist in my recipe book for level 100.
  3. Roald Member

ooops on this post, sorry lol
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I went and dug a couple quotes out of my PoP expansion article, since I'm not caffeinated enough to word right now. You're not "stuck", nor do you have a bug, you're just missing a couple things. Note this was written before the PoP crafting line was put in (and that line really IS the fastest way to level above 100 crafting)

You sort of figured that part out, but when you went to find the recipes for the writs, you hit another stumbling block, probably because you'd not done the ToT crafting line and picked up the Maldura recipes, right?

The recipes from Maldura ARE on your guild recipe vendor, so you no longer have to grind faction and special currency to buy them. (The Twark recipes are also there, iirc, but those aren't needed for the writs) Use the checkbox filters on the vendor to find the ones that are for your class, hide the outleveled ones to make the list manageable. I'll give you the naming convention for them in a separate post once I caffeinate and log in.

Now, the writs WILL/CAN get you to 110. You'll still be doing several per level, but it will be a saner amount.

The other option is the PoP crafting signature line. I know a lot of folks don't like it because the chance of death is high if you don't know what you are doing, and the combines are very slow, but it is the fastest way to 110, and there are some perks along the way (Part III rewards you with several goodies, including the ability for your pack pony to randomly kick back harvests from a node as you pass, if you have the pony out.) The end of it gives you more nice goodies. If you go that route, you might want not only walk-throughs, but videos, and I did my first-ever videos specifically because of this line. Hope that helps!
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You want the "Deepforge" books from your guild recipe vendor.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Roald Member

Thank you Niami, I am just coming back after a couple of years
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Niami is a great source of all things Tradeskill information and her site is invaluable. I would strongly suggest doing all the tradeskill signature lines whenever you have the time.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I know it is a lot to catch up on. :)
    Soara2, Laaw, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tadinya New Member

What if you dont have a guild vendor or arent part of a guild? Does that mean you cannot get the needed recipes?
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

The recipes can also be found on merchants in the tradeskill centers in cities.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

ask around on your server. some folks have visitor friendly guild halls that can allow you to go in and use their vendors. you can also go around to city merchants or the areas they came from (maldura, nye'calona, etc.)
    Soara2 likes this.