Tradeskill Buffer Fails to Buff Bug

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Almee, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

For the second time, I had a tradeskill buffer bauble fail to work. In both cases, which may or may not be a factor, the character was a lvl 100 alchemist. However, it might also be a random bug that just happened to hit two alchemists.

When I would click on the "Examine" button, the window would close and nothing would happen, except the bauble disappearing. It would reappear after a few minutes, and I would try again, with no success.

I tried all the usual things such as logging to character select, logging completely, clearing the caches, and validating assets. The solution was to go to the Tradeskill Career Counselor, in a city's main tradeskill area, and revert back to Tradeskill lvl 9. The buffer bauble reappears and you can choose the same class or a different one. I believe, if you have class-specific tradeskill tools, they can be exchanged by an NPC at the tents in Mara.

I would like to congratulate DarkPaw on a fast and helpful response to my petition. Violetann, the GM who helped me, always answered questions promptly and with good problem-solving skills. It was a very positive experience and I am glad to see my confidence in the health of this game appears well placed.
    Schmetterling and Denmum like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

It may be some weirdness due to the crafting class (unlikely, but I'll peek), or it may be because they were already buffed to 100 at some point, which confuses it, or it may be for some other really odd random reason.

I'm glad you were able to find a suitable workaround and that Violetann (she was always really helpful when I was a player) was able to assist!
    Schmetterling, Twyla and Almee like this.