Tradeskill AAs

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Im sure it has been asked before, because if it hasn't why not? Why are tradeskill AAs tied to adventure exp/AAs? Why dont we get an AA for the tradeskill portion ever 2 or 3 crafting levels we obtain?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

There are actually crafting quests, that give AA experience. Any quest gives AA experience.
    We have always wanted it seperate but the closest we can get to that is the fact we can stay crafters only and get AA experiince doing the crafting timelines.
    I actually like the fact I can adventure at a low-level and gain AA's then get an Achievement mirror made so I can have tradeskill and adventure spec, in case I do want to venture again outside of the crafting area
    If you make it where you only get aa's for tradeskilling as you level up, then you won't be able to have a level 10 crafter with 40 tradeskill AA's
  3. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    AAXP has always been tied to adventuring and quests. What you propose might sound simple, but it might not have been so easy to implement, so they put in questing to grant people AA.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

crazyeyes321 wrote:
    Yes, this has been debated to death with the dev that put in crafting AA long long before she actually did. Argued up and down and both sides and she still decided to do it this way. Lots of us wern't happy and said so.
    There is a new crafting dev. If you want to make an argument and pitch it go ahead. What you said above is not an argument, its a complaint. With an argument you have to attempt to convince people to change their position. Getting dev to change the way crafting AA work is going to be very difficult. It is a lot of work for a team that is apparently short staffed and doesn't have enough time to pay attention to the crafting we do have, much less reworking a system that is functional even if is not ideal.
  5. ARCHIVED-crazyeyes321 Guest

Well, it is my hope that since the latest in game poll was about crafting and how enjoyable/unenjoyable it is, that this may be addressed as well. While there may be some that benefit from being lvl 10 with massive aa, if one were to look at characters overall and see how they spend their AA, one would see that these trees are grossly under represented.
    This should not come as a shock to anyone, as the small benefits that the system produces are usually looked over by those who want to set up the more traditional AA specs for solo and group/raid AA layouts. Also, as a character levels, the value of crafting tends to go down for most people with the exception of consumables. It reaches a point where most of the crafting, other than consumables, is used to gear an alt or simply someone elses next foray into crafting to max out their bonus.
    Should the system be altered to allow characters the ability to gain seperate tradeskill AA(either from writs/crafting quests or simply leveling up), the tree would suddenly become hugely useful, and many people would be using it instead of the current neglect it currently enjoys.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

I don't believe the Tradeskill AA tree is as neglected as you might think. It's already hugely useful and it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to gain the AA points. As far as specs go, it doesn't interfere with having a decent solo spec, if you have AoD. Even if you don't, I think it's possible to have multiple AA mirrors in different houses.
    Either way, I don't see them making any kind of change to the way AA is gained, other than padding a quest or two with better rewards.