Tracking Harvestables... question

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Reggie777, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Reggie777 Member

How do I increase the rank of my "Track Harvestables" spell? Some of my toons have rank 5. Others rank 1. Their Prestige trees are similar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Tetrol Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware it is simply based on 1 to 5 points put into track harvestables ability
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

It's labeled "Seasoned Harvesting" (Top of the left tree.) Track Harvestables is a biproduct of Seasoned Harvesting
  4. Reggie777 Member

I've maxed out that tree. Some toons end up with a rank 5 and some with a rank 1. I was just wondering if there were other factors that went into determining what rank I ended up with.
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Where are you seeing the rank? On the hotbar or in the AA tree?
    Could you have an old ability on the hotbar? Check your Knowledge book and see if dragging the ability from there to the hotbar changes anything.

It's easy to confuse the real AA setup with "virtual" points that show where future points go when earned but I'm pretty sure you would have to have at least 3 real points in Seasoned Harvesting/Tracking in order to be able to get Summon Goblin or Crafting Stations, so if you can do either of those then that shouldn't be the problem.
  6. Claws Member

Okay, here is my two cents worth. I now have 7 toons with the Tracking Harvestable, and all of then are at rank 5 for the Seasoned Harvester. Then, when I look at my Abilities tab each toon have different levels of the skill. They go from 1 to 5, I have one at level 1, 2, three at 4, and two at 5. It looks like something got nurfed
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The only difference 'rank' gives for track harvestables is how often you can do it. That's it.
    Xianthia and Finora like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

What Mermut said. If you are able to recast track harvestables instantly, then you have rank 5. If you can do that and your display says something different, then it sounds like you have a display error.

I have a lot (upwards of 2 dozen characters) with track harvestables. Every one that I've checked after seeing this post that has 5 points actually spent in seasoned harvesting has rank 5 in the ability on the hotbar, as expected.

So I'd guess that either you don't have as many actual prestige points spent as you think you do or you have a display error in your UI.
    Xianthia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. girney Active Member

i have 5 points in seasoned harvesting but only rank 3 in track harvestables. how is it i am not 5? it takes 55 seconds to come back.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Try recommitting your AA profile
    Also, are you lvl 100+ tradeskill? If not, you may have filled out your AA profile ahead of time and it will fill in as you gain levels.
    Xianthia likes this.
  11. girney Active Member

my other toons had rank 5 before they were 100 tradeskill lvl but this toon is only 99
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

It depends on the order you place them.
  13. Kheldar Active Member

This.
    This has been an ongoing issue for literally years.
    Create another AA profile, commit that, then re-commit the one with harvesting. It should clear up the problem.
    Xianthia likes this.
  14. girney Active Member

success. that worked. glad i came to the forums for an answer. thank you