tov - will old gear be upgraded?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Berg, Aug 27, 2013.

1. ElectricPotato Active Member

Buh, which drinal bp's are you talking about? Just the red slot doesn't bring any drinal bp's to mind for me. Red and yellow? Drinal raid bp's losing the yellow slot? Or is this some weird Baleful Dominion heroic drop that I don't remember because I'd probably transmute it anyway if I even bothered to roll on it?
  2. Xelgad Developer

I was afraid that last paragraph might be confusing.

No Drinal BPs were touched in this update. The upgraded DMP BPs intentionally do not have a yellow slot.
    ElectricPotato likes this.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I assume he means the top drinal BPs, the 4 soul ones.
    and what I think he means is that in the new expac there will be purple slots rather than yellow/red
    Xelgad likes this.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

I feel like you aren't going to see people using the ones other then the cb/pot option.
  5. Wolen New Member

Xelgad, is the current avatar loot being upgraded at all? I got the mage robe last night as a disco on Guk, and now it is only useful for appearance.
  6. Doreon New Member

The upgraded earring appears to be bugged. It does not proc off a coercer's manaflow. I tested it with 2 other people in the group (one had the earring). I cast manaflow on him directly - no procs. I tried manaflow on the group (as a coercer) - no proc. We tried it both in combat and out. I checked both when I cast manaflow and then after the few seconds when it actually provides the power - no procs. I did not try it as an illusionist.
  7. Xelgad Developer

I'm going to try to answer as many questions as possible on these items and the expansion itemization in general. One advantage of pushing these changes out now is that we can make improvements for the expansion.

Reforging trumps most of what we could do for mages and scouts. I am expecting mages and scouts to use some of the MA gear in order to achieve maximum DPS, but that is with a lot of changes in mind that are not live, yet (related to wands, reforging, ect).

Fighters and, to a lesser degree, priests will have some more interesting choices to make in balancing offensive and defensive power. Again though, other changes coming with the expansion will make balancing those stats more relevant.

No, we will not be upgrading the current avatar loot. Avatars will be a bit more difficult after the expansion and drop new loot that fits the progression. However, the current avatar loot may have value in another way (I'm absolutely not promising that it will, though...we're just tossing around an idea for it.)

Unfortunately, it is bugged currently. We'll have a fix out ASAP (should be the next hotfix).
  8. scousetroub Active Member

Is the loot for the other zones (PK / SG) pencilled in for any patches before ToV ?
  9. Xelgad Developer

No, we're currently planing to wait until ToV to upgrade the loot from those zones.
  10. Karagon Active Member

Will you upgrade cloaks from Bristlebane avatar like DMP/Siren/PK loot??? Or there is no point of trying to spawn it again?. We were very happy when we got at least 1 spawn and 1 cloak. For now it has stats similar to Hard mode SG loot... Will it be garbage in the expansion?..
    (Yes, i read about avatar loot - but i supposed it was about contested one?.. Not Unique Bristlebane)
  11. Twyxx Well-Known Member

I'd hope there are better cloak options in tov that aren't dropping from a lucky spawn.
  12. Xelgad Developer

No, it won't be upgraded. No, it won't be garbage (at least not in my opinion). Looking at the cloaks we have internally now, the Bristlebane cloaks would probably actually still be best-in-slot for DPS if you could get by with the ~15 lower crit chance. That may change by the time we go live, but they definitely won't be something you would expect to upgrade the first week of the ToV.
  13. Karagon Active Member

Any chance for drinal's mythical necklace and shield to be upgraded? At least for the it's stamina component? So it wouldn't be completely useless for tanks at least :)
  14. Xelgad Developer

Nah, sorry, we aren't planning to upgrade Drinal's loot at all.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Somewhat sad to hear that, it's a bit disheartening when even Mythical's seem to be getting dropped off loot tables in "some" form within one expansion. The entire "Mythical" tag seems to be getting weaker. I don't feel so Mythical about getting them. Sure they are still rare and have good effects but, I dunno it's not like having a Mythical back in Kunark days.
  16. Quabi Active Member

The same could be said about the Fabled tag...or Legendary...or even Mastercrafted.

Even the "Heroic" tag on mobs has pretty much lost its meaning, since many heroics are now intended to be solo'd.
  17. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Can the new BPs be modified to include their old click-effects?