Totem of the Otter hatred? :(

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow...whoever got set to "fixing" the Totem of the Otter hates players (either that, or it's a Bug, hence my putting this here). Not only is it a full MINUTE between uses, not just 30 seconds, but if you merely click on it, rather than right-clicking and choosing "Use [before you drown, you fool! Muahahahahahahaha! >:->]", the thing starts its full minute "reset." :-/

Has it always been this way and I've never noticed, or did someone just make it worse? :-/

EDIT: Okay, I will say that clicking on it again will get it to near-instantly "kick in," which is pleasant. The rest of it is not. :-/

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that. I set it same as Totem of Succulent, use next one when the in use on expires.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I checked when I gamed today.

cast time: 1.37 seconds
    recast time: 36.0 seconds

Sorry, I'm singing along with Foghorn Leghorn cartoonie character today. Dodah !
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thirty-six seconds! Better than mine; is there some ability or thingee that reduces the recast time? :eek:

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just did an Examine. Those results are what came up.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Terrius Well-Known Member

Pro-tip, buy or make a stack of 900 and just leave them on auto-consume! Never worry about drowning again! hehe
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Yeah, but there'd been a host of posts about bugs with auto-consume, like how it shuts off if you have the least reason for getting out of a zone, then never shuts back on again, or does for the wrong items, or whatever. I don't know if I can trust that again... :-/

And besides, even with auto-consume, back in the day it would take 30 dang seconds to "recast," and like 29 seconds to drown... X-P

Uwk
    who can only presume that some dev thought that was hilarious; I'm glad the recast was fixed, anyway
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  9. Terrius Well-Known Member

The nice thing with auto-consuming them is their cast speed is instant when on auto consume.

I've had a stack auto-consuming without it ever having issues since my very first run of Rosy Reverie In VoV, when I quickly found out my Merc did not in fact give water breathing. >.< Reinforced by healers zoning out while I was harvesting shinies in the final room of the Heroic versions and leaving me to drown!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ack! :-/

I didn't know Mercs had weaknesses like that; usually, when I use Stealth/Invis or Otter Totems or whatever, my combat pets are presumed to also be Stealthed/breathing water/whatever. :-/

Uwk
    who doesn't molo...
    Breanna likes this.