Totally Unacceptable

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-AshburyA, Mar 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-AshburyA Guest

You lost my world first MONTHS ago. You haven't even bothered to check a backup or whatever else you need to do to fix it.
    There is no response from anyone here. How can you charge people for stuff you are so inept at doing?
    Pathetica
  2. ARCHIVED-Luko Guest

I bet someone who found it before you got a transfer to your server and that person is now the founder person on your server.
  3. ARCHIVED-AshburyA Guest

Demio@The Bazaar wrote:
    Nope. I still have all the server firsts. These are the world firsts. They even replied that they know I had them and they know they are gone. That was MONTHS ago. It just annoys me to no end. Not so much the actual stats being gone, but their seemingly not caring one whit for being so inept, and charging people for things they appear incapable of doing.
    Pathetica
  4. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Don't pay them anymore. It's an optional service.

Of course that strat just might backfire and cause them to shut down the service rather than make the needed repairs to it.
    ...On a lighter note, you're no longer able to see item stats in the persona window at EQ2players anymore with a no-EQ2players-subscription account (or if you're not logged in). Glad to see they got something fixed finally.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Use the support form at My Account. And do it EVERYTIME you see it. If only EVERYONE did this, it might catch some interest. I did it a few times, got response after I explained it to the support people in 3 times (have some patience with them ).
    Don't expect too much, just follow the official support route. Something you might have rights for, in case you paid for exctras. Compare it with something you bought in a normal store in your neighborhood.
    Link to support: http://www.station.sony.com/en/supp...y=PC&id=002
  6. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Pathetica@Nektulos wrote:
    This is very odd; I haven’t come across this issue yet, but I will be looking into to it now. Could you tell me what the name of your world first was?
  7. ARCHIVED-AshburyA Guest

Dougdoug wrote:
    Oh just noticed you replied to this.
    I have NO clue what they were. I never actually clicked past how many...
    Pathetica
  8. ARCHIVED-AshburyA Guest

Found those backups yet? You do have backups, right?
    Man this is annoying.
    Pathetica
  9. ARCHIVED-AshburyA Guest

Still haven't found them? Come on guys. This is really, really sad.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

Zanark@Splitpaw wrote:
    This looks to be good advice at first glance; the trouble is, like similar advice given regularly to those who complain about server outages to check the 'regular maintenance' page, without mention being made of the fact that that page is almost invariably wrong when it really matters, it lacks a disclaimer.
    DISCLAIMER: The technical support system (ie /petition) may or may not be badly broken.
    On more than one occasion, I have been sent round and round in circles with 'support':
    1. Submit 'petition'
    2. Get one of:
      1. A solution, or:
      2. A sympathetic 'have a nice day' response that doesn't address the problem, in which case:
        1. Post a response apologising for being an awkward customer, but trying to insist that the problem be addressed.
        2. Get another (almost certainly sincere) 'have a nice day' response.
        3. Give up, temporarily....
        4. Get a boilerplate email from support saying 'If we do not hear back from you within 72 hours, we will assume that the issue has been resolved, and the question will be marked as solved,' in which case:
          1. Give up and allow tech support to show to SoE management on their periodic audit (assuming that they have one) that all support issues are 'solved' within three days, or:
          2. Return to the support site to continue trying to get the service that (in theory at least) has been promised AND HAS BEEN ALREADY PAID FOR (so much for 'optional extras' and the idea that you can 'win' by cancellation of subscription), and:
            1. Discover that the support system, while appearing to be fully functional, will no longer accept additional information for this ticket (continual loop:
              1. enter data,
              2. 'When You Are Done [Submit Update to Question],'
              3. system does NOT log the additional information,
              4. return to the support home page (WTF!?)
            2. Plausible deniability enters the scene: 'oh, sorry, we weren't aware that there was a bug here...'
            3. Go back to start.
            4. Do not collect $200.
            5. Have a nice day.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that a management decision had been made to deliberately break the support system in such a way as to deter all but the most persistent support requesters. The sad reality is that those who submit error reports help to improve systems: they are, in effect, an unpaid resource that all major faceless corporations take shameless advantage of, and discard when they become too much trouble. So much for the vaunted benefits of capitalism.
    Thanks for listening to someone who likes cheese with his whine. And despite it all, I hope you all have a great day. In the grand scheme of things, this is sooooo unbelievably trivial :D
  11. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

Pathetica, if you're still having issues, please do open up a ticket with support and provide your account information and the team can verify that you had the world firsts for that character and server ID. Also, please include whether or not your character was ever transfered.
    Best,
    - Jacob