1. FalconClash Well-Known Member

New problem.

I have been trying to finish "Roughing Up The Reinforcements" for days, but the War Shamans will not drop a Ry'Gorr Scrying Eye, no matter how many i kill. Plus the quest doesn't even ask you to fight the Shamans, I was only trying to get one because the webpage says its required for a later quest.

Has this changed? Do I actually need the Eye?
  2. Ryuken Active Member

Are you doing that here?

Kill Ry'Gorr orcs at Jagged Daggers Isle around ( 601, 44, 588 )
  3. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Yes, thats the one.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The Range gods can be very painful at times. I suggest you sacrifice more rangers to the range gods... couldn't hurt... well, if you do it right only the rangers hurt... but not for long... just to the end of their lives... *giggles hatefully*
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Have you killed 4 Genadiers, 4 Infiltrators and destroyed 4 weapon racks?
    After doing that the quest reminded me that Thirin had asked me to look for a War Shaman so I killed another and got the Scrying Eye.
    And then the quest told me to return to Thirin, if you don't get the instructions to return to Thirin it must be bugged, I'd try deleting the quest and going back to see if you can get it again.
    If it does say to return then it probably has you flagged as having the Scrying Eye and you should go back to Thirin, when he did he studied it and proclaimed it useful even though I had destroyed it just to see what would happen.
    And the next quest Through Thine Eyes completed just fine, it let me use the Eye even though I no longer had the actual Eye.
  6. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Wow, that took forever... but I FINALLY got my horsie! *Victory dance* WOOT!!!

Thanks to all who posted, sorry for being such a pain.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

FalconClash, all newbies are a pain... but if we think back honestly, we were all pains also. Asking questions that they solved so long before they don't know how they solved it. *shrugs* Just be patient for new ones who come along later, that's about all we can ask.
  8. FalconClash Well-Known Member

If and when I make my second char, (quite a while from now) it will likely be a Ratonga Conjuror, though i wish we had more then 2 free slots.
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be any limit to how many accounts you can have, though that can be a trap when you want to play in the latest expansions or start subscribing. But it's a great way to try out different classes and races without buying more slots.

I have 7 or 8 accounts though I have expanded my main account to 13 slots over the years and now rarely use any of the others.
  10. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Woo, I now have all four of the horses, having just finished the Neriak Destrier quest. Some how the second two (Gorowyn & Neriak) seemed a lot easier than the first two, though Im much higher lvl than when i started the New Halas quests, so I guess that makes sense.

My second char will have to be ebil. I really want to seen what the ebil cities look like now, but they scowl at my Kerra Warden. Im glad I could still do the horse quest despite my negative factions.