Tortoise shell

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel, Jun 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

I have been playing a fury for years. I love it. Unlike most I go down the wisdom line on the druid tree. I love my self res (and yes it has killed me but it has also saved me and my group more often then not), but as I am moving into harder and harder content it is becoming obvious that tortoise shell is needed but is there anyone else out there that thinks that just to get to tortoise shell everything else is a complete waist with a lot of points wastefully spent that could be spent somewhere else and on something we can actually use? I really wish SOE would do the same thing they did with the fury tree and let us put points where we need them the most instead of restricting us to 4 here, 8 there, etc. just to get what we really can use.

Sincerely
    Areil
  2. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

the charm & mez r the waste, wild regen, is not. we've been trying to get the charm & mez changed or moved into the wisdom line for quite a while now (since the wis line is the one that nobody uses). & i'm sorry but that entire line, especially rebirth makes me twitch because it's so useless.
    i personally can't imagine being without shell, even back when you couldn't cast or move when it was up. it's the best ae avoid in the game & i think the best & most useful tool a druid has. once you get it & start to use it, u'll probably feel the same way.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I could not live without my precious T-Shell!
    Neither could my groups and raids :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Sticking my Warden nose in the thread, cause I agree - TS is one of the most useful spells we get. If for no other reason, it gives you some breathing room during a cure-fest of a fight. It's essential for raiding (WAY more essential than Rebirth, but some people just won't let that go...).
    Like Arica said - we have been complaining and asking them to either do away with Charm and Mezz animal or move it to another line altogether for years. About as long as we've been asking for them to make Instinct Group or Raid wide - but that's another story.
    Wild regeneration is as necessary (or more) as TS. It would be even better if they'd give us some buffing ability for the 2 slots they need to fill with something when they move those two to the WIS line - but....I'm not hopeful.

I agree being able to pick and choose what you'd like to take in the Druid tab would be really nice, and very helpful. That they've done that for the later AA points makes me hope they might revamp the older ones (Druid being the oldest of the AA trees..) but I don't expect it anytime soon.
    Who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised
    P.S. I also have a 92 Fury, so I qualify! /grin