Too much ascension

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nkito, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Azian Well-Known Member

The abilities given by the ascension trainers as you level can be upgraded instantly using DBC just like your normal spells can. So, if you want to become OP in an instant you can drop a bunch of real life $$ paying for all the abilities to be upgraded to GM level.

As a side note I'll mention that the level 1 and...I think it's the level 5 ascension abilities get replaced by the final level 10 ascension skill that you obtain from each ascension class. In other words, don't upgrade the lower versions and only do so on the final level 10 version if you choose to upgrade at all.
  2. Lil Mantis Member

Thanks for the information. I think I get it now. So it's similar to the normal spell research where you can use your DBC to level it up instantly.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Honestly I think these ascension spell upgrade drops (all tier) should be way, way more common !
    And the raid drops require 10 drops to make 1 spell ! Seriously that is just not right imho ...
    They should not be any more rare than adepts or masters dropping, but these days anytime I go do a solo zone I get a regular spell master drop, which no one even need anymore probably, and they sell for less than 100p on the broker.
    So they should make them drop 50% more, esp. the lower tier ones.
    Xerikton, Mizgamer62 and Whiomaju like this.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

Exactly. In fact, you'll see the abilities in that same spell research window as you acquire them.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

Some people get it, some don't. What can I say.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

I don't eat fast food or go to movies, but thanks for your concern. If you cancel now, you also lose out on your 500 free monthly DBC because you are no longer on a reoccurring subscription :) The one who needs to take a few breaths I think is you. Relax and enjoy your fast food and movies.
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

Actually you do get your DBC, if you log in... it's not just recurring anymore, it's any membership...and you have prepaid until X date even if you're not going to renew
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm just not sure why losing 500 DBC a month would be such a burden when you find the game so loathsome that you will "never pay a penny to this game again" after your $6.00/month sub runs out. The theory that they knowingly offered a hyper-discounted annual membership with their underlying intent being just to bilk the player base by doing so is amusingly backwards and awfully tinfoil hat. Yes, they wanted us to keep playing. That's always true.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

No you don't. I cancelled my 3 month membership on my other 2 accounts when I saw the route they were taking with KA and when i logged on to claim my 500 it would not allow me because it was no longer reoccurring. Nor could I gift anything even though the membership was still paid for.
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Well I cancelled a 3M a week ago and claimed 500dbc yesterday. I'm paid until end of May.

My other account was 12M and was canceled after 3M yet I keep getting 500dbc each month. I'm paid until September.

Are you sure you were within your paid period?

Gifting you're probably right
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

I was, I had 2 months left and it did not give me those two months. Glad you get it.
  12. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

After I took advantage of the $71.99/yr sub deal I immediately canceled my subscription so that I would not get hit with the recurring plan at the full price when this sub runs out. I also still get my 500 DBC/mo.
  13. Uyaem Member

This. :)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

No matter what SOE/DBC does or ever did. Someone(s) in the game forums will hate it and quit (so they say) or threaten to quit.
    EQ2...still the best bang for the buck, entertainment-wise, IMO.