too funny

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-thedump, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-thedump Guest

So on the front page

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/

There is an image of the SoE logo that is clickable. So I clicked it. I use FireFox primarily and the click opened a new window but because the mime settings on SoE's webservers aren't setup correctly it dumped the binary content into the page instead of trying to download it. I notice it's a WMV file so I fire IE7 and I click again. This time it opens a another window to download the video.

And the video is about GU42 and Erollisi day. Several things:

1) Seriously you can't integrate the video into the webpage? Flash anyone?
    2) The video is actually pretty good but there is no date or eta for the patch so what's the point?
    3) How about a title so people aren't confused as to what it is? So they can right click and save the video.
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimdeath Guest

Good points..

For those that want to download it, it's 42.16Mb in size.
  3. ARCHIVED-salle Guest

I sence a move to the site section.

But yeah I use Opera same thing here showed me binary had to right click -> save target as... to get it.
  4. ARCHIVED-thedump Guest

come on. You guys had it right when you switched to flash and integrated. I'm glad you got the download to work on FireFox but it's kind of silly. Change it flash and cross post it on YouTube. You will get more hit's and possibly more people interested in getting into eq2.