Tofs x2 and Casting a long Shadow.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

We've been running Tofs x2 for a while now and have finally managed to down Vhalsera due to bugs and lag, dropped the rest of the zone in an hour or so that trip in and went to speak to the general. He gave us a scroll with what we think is the x2 debuff, but the quest still states we'll get it at the end.

The only EM raid mobs we've not killed are the ones that need the debuff and we're really wanting to move onto HM and the Harder EM raid content. On splitpaw though the lag in the x2 is terrible all the time and it makes it very hard to complete the instance. It doesn't help that Tserrina Syl`Tor hits like a train, but my healers have a hard time keeping me up with 5 second + cast lag and the elemental will often kill us just because we can't cure it fast enough due to lag.

Basically, is the debuff we've been given already for the x4 mobs or do we need to kill this b**ch to get it?
  2. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

If your raid force got the debuff, don't even bother with Tserrina. She is harder than nearly every single EM x4 including some of the ones that require the debuff and her loot isnt exactly worth the headache.
  3. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

We got a debuff, but I'm not sure if it's THE debuff that is used on raid mobs or if it's just something to be used on her fight. If it is indeed the debuff we need for the x4's then we'll stop where we are I think.

So far we know...
    100% > 90% - Burn, while curing elemental asap.
    90% - Bubble pops, I get the DPS to go fetch it, although it does seem to increase their inc damage a load so not sure if thats a good idea.
    90% > 50% - Burn, while curing elemental asap.
    50% - Kill the a door while MT hold adds, keep killing adds until 1 is left then drop the last door.
    Not made it past this stage, we always get overrun by adds :(

I've not seen anthing that can be dispelled or any way the buff you're given can be used so far. All I know is she hits like a train and even with a 3 healer MT group we have trouble keeping the MT up.
    This fight is waaay out of whack for the rest of the zone and it's more casual target audience.
  4. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

It is indeed the correct debuff. You can ignore her from this point on since she isn't really worth the trouble.
    From what I am told, once adds are dead and you get her lower she starts cycling between the various hardmode buffs which requires you to use the archetype debuff on her, but she changes to a different archetype buff now and then.
    After that point you have to split the raid and all quickly click these ground spawn items that allow you to channel energy against her or you wipe.
    I'm a bit sketchy on what happens next as I was not in the raid for that fight, but a room-mate was.

General concensus from them though was obviously that the fight is extremely frustrating and unintuitive, much like a certain other fight in there.
  5. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Same, we where told there was a "Trick" to Vhalsera which gets rid of his perma stoneskin, seems to be working for us but both these fights really need some emotes.

Tserrina REALLY needs toning down though