ToFS Bug List - Heroic and X2 -- Long

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-djrfan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

We were able to kill it by not healing it back into the lightning stage.
    Honestly, the whole fight is pretty bad, but if you want to keep the general design, the quickest set of fixes would probably be:
    1) Remove the heal on death.
    2) Give 5-10 second warning before the reflections are going to spawn (if there is a warning, I've never been able to figure it out).
    3) Fix the reflections so that they consistently spawn.
  2. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

Rotate@Nagafen wrote:
    I am having the same issue. By the 6th or 7th door there are just adds everywhere and more just keep pouring out. Even if I manage get all the adds on more just keep on spawning and they run right over and gank the healer who is healing at 12k hps. This encounter is just insane on the difficulty if you don't have crazy gear.

[IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Novusod wrote:
    It's easier since the nerf, still not sure that it's properly tuned for it's intended progression. My guild groups are now able to get through the encounter somewhat more frequently, but consider that we were very advanced on SF progression.
    I'd like to go through it a few more times and on some alts with lesser gear before I can honestly say it's still too much.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    As Quabi said, this fight is generally pretty bad and just a resounding -_- face and the only real way to kill it is have ABSOLUTELY NOBODY DIE to any of his teleport AEs.
    You could get the script working, sure, but the above changes would make it simpler and probably streamline the route to not being buggy.
    I would also add into the suggestions, just removing the teleport on his killer AE and giving him a cast bar you can see.
  5. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Zerker, ranger, wizard, swashbuckler, templar, defiler, and all of us have raiding experience under our belts. We're pretty much fed up with this 2x fight until you turn it into something less ...annoying... for the lack of a better word that will keep me from getting banned on the forum. Just echoing the other folks here who have tried and have come away fed up.
    We've tried this encounter for several hours on several nights, and tonight was the last straw. I'm not asking for ez mode, but jeebus...do something to bring it down a notch or two. Mobs have too many HP. Too many adds spitting out of the doors/mirrors towards the end.
    Takes ~5 min to get her down to 50%
    Takes ~10 min to get the adviser down the first time with those goo things
    Takes 3 minutes to get him down to 75% before the door/mirrors spawn. First few doors/mirrors are okay, but by the time we get to the 4th, 5th, 6th ones, we're swamped with a bunch of adds.
    We got to the 6th mirror once tonight, and after 3 attempts total in this zone ~flounced~ and said *done*. Just a waste of about 10 hours of our playtime this past week trying to get 2x access for our guild.
  6. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Gave her a try yestuday and it definatly felt alot smoother. tank let some adds loose though which killed us=( will try not to go in there after midnight the next time!

As a side note the x2 zone crashed during Valsera and after that we had horrible spell lag which made it unplayable so we had to call it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Can you give a time and server for the zone crashing? So we can check logs and see if we can track it down?
  8. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

The last thing my loged picked up was at 22:25:14 CET
    So thats 1:30 pm your time? On splitpaw btw.
    I was playing on my other account in case that makes a difference
  9. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Thanks we will try to track it down.
  10. ARCHIVED-QuaiCon Guest

To me it looks like the whole access quest would have been better used as a signature quest than as an access quest for the x2. Been working on it nearly since the launch of the expansion, and made it through all the fights till tserrina. After the small nerf now it looks like tserina portals are just about doable for us if we can get the best posisble group setup that i can grab from our guild raidforce. Before expansion our guild was just on the step to undefoot and hardmodes (first underfoot named killed, some good tries on hardmodes so we were getitng close).
    the first few access nameds till tserina are not easy but were all doably buy cherry picking my group from the online guild members. tserrina is quite some steps harder especially the portal phase, its ok to get a group togetehr that can make it till that point but even after teh small nerf its really hard to survive at the 5th and 6th portal. We managed it today but had too many adds on us when portal died and advisor added again. Overall i think its about doable now for us but it really needs aboutt he best posisble groups we can set up and its not worth trying if some of our players are not available.
    If it would be a quest that can be completed some months later after gearing up in instances and raids more i would think its tuned perfect. The only problem is that its an access quest and guilds want to get to the zone now and i am quite sure a lot guilds would like some way to get into x2.On otehr side i would hate seeing that fight getting nerfed too much now to make sure its easy enough that everyone can beat it.
    The best idea i could come up with now would be to grant access after placeing the 6 mirrors (could make some questupdate to talk to the dain to finish access). The dain could offer a seperate quest for some nice item or tserrina could drop some loot items worth getting so people would come back for the tserrina fight at later time without having the rush to do it now to get their guilds access to the x2 zone.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Made the following changes today. I am aiming to get them in for Tuesday's hotfix but it may be the one after that:

Tower of Frozen Shadow: Haunt of Syl’Tor
    · The portals spawned during the Spirit of Advisor Svartmane portion of the Tserrina encounter should now only spawn a single add per cycle rather than having a chance to spawn two.
    · The Spirit of Advisor Svartmane should now only spawn portals twice during his encounter instead of four times.
  12. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Bah, nerfing it down to only twice is probably overkill. I think just getting rid of the 5% spawn would have been more appropriate, since it can be bypassed with the Inquisitor ability, Verdict, anyway. Hopefully one of the two remaining portals isn't 5%
  13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I also think this round of nerf is overkill.
  14. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

I went into the 2nd of the TOFS zones last night... the zone started off seeming a bit buggy, but i cant place my finger on any single thing not working right. When we got to the Inp fight it started off fine. we killed the Imp, and wiped to the adds as we are supposed to. when we go back the adds didnt despon as normal, but the Imp was a full health. we pulled again, the imp died fast again the original adds added in (I pulled with a blue aoe) and on the Imps death more adds sponned. So after going truing this several times with 3-4 groups of adds up we had some very big problems pulling it to get the adds down. Just letting to know that is mob has changed and the bug with him has changed.
  15. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Whereas I think this nerf is just what was needed to allow the intended target group a fair shot at getting through the fight. I don't have any personal stake in the matter, given that I have already done the encounter successfully, but I and my guildmates aren't exactly entry-level raiders.
    To those who have likened ToFS to the Vigilant raid instance, you are missing the point. ToFS was never supposed to be on par with Vigilant, a secondary romping ground catering to established raiders. Rather, it was intended to be the DoV equivalent of Ward of Elements, an instance where would-be raiders could gain experience with scripted raid encounters and gear up a bit in preparation for the leap to the easiest x4 raid content.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Silzin wrote:
    Supposed to wipe to the adds?
  17. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    I agree on the target audience. That's why I think that the newest nerf was too much. If you can't get thru those doors repetitively, you probably aren't gonna make it in raiding.
  18. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

what was the intended audience for the x2 ?
  19. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

Karnos@Guk wrote:
    this zone from what i hear is intended for raiders to get a buff to debuff HM mobs. it should not be easy other wise everyone will have to buff for the HMs and then what is the point. it was ment for raiders not so old WoE groups
  20. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

From what i remember from the statements of the Div's in Beta about the X2 is that it was supposed to help raiders get into the beginning of the X4 raids. also the 4th? (2nd to last) mob in KF requires the debuff from the X2 also.