ToFS Bug List - Heroic and X2 -- Long

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-djrfan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

The Heroic zone version of TS is way over scripted and the adds have way too many HP. Sorry, the idea was very cool, but it was way overdone and needs to be toned down. You should not need UD gear in order to do this encounter.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

In the X2, 31 trash kills, 5 name kills. No scout jewelry. Just bad luck?
    On Vethilot, the adds were dying in 1-2 seconds, but our DPS was dropping from 288 to 119, and we still couldn't kill him or debuff him enough. Also tried mezzing the adds, but more popped. By 5 minutes, he was back up to full health, with about 10 of those booster buffs on him, and unkillable.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shrag Guest

Tserrina's charm is causing most of the resets in the x2.

Pay attention to how many people get the buff and find a new tank spot, we made it stop resetting once we made those changes.

I think the difficulty of the x2 is perfect, It is on par with how the SF x2 was at launch. with a full set of t1 easy mode raid loot this zone would be a breeze, just how it was in SF.
  4. ARCHIVED-ffd700 Guest

Is the quest to spawn Vethilot repeatable? We killed him and now can't see the potion when we revisit the zone to spawn him again.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raetsel Guest

We cleared the X2 without anyone getting the buff at Tserrina. It was a fun fight but we had wiped alot of times. It was especially frustrating to have her down to 25% and fail because the script did not give us enough time :) luckily we knew what to do then we got her to 25% the next pull and managed to discover all 4 achetype charms for the casting a long shadow quest.

Unfortunately the quest for Freeing the Dain did not update and noone was rewarded woth the weapon and GM told us that it was bad luck, a known problem and we should do it again :-/
  6. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I just verified that these are included in the update tomorrow (Tuesday 8 March)

Tower of Frozen Shadow (Raid)
    • VhalSera should no longer run through walls when pathing around his room.
    • VhalSera’s Reflections can no longer be charmed.
    • VhalSera should no longer hit players with Freezing Spike if he is within range of the spike when it goes off.
    • VhalSera should no longer summon copies of himself below 1/3rd of his health.
    • Defeating Tserrina for the quest “Freeing the Dain” should now correctly update.
    Kraytoc’s Fortress (Challenge Raid)
    • Brendegor Bitelimb in the Challenge Mode Kraytoc’s Fortress should now drop loot when the encounter is completed.
    Great Divide
    • The Pirate Garb rewarded from Dort Lumrick should all now be heirloom.
  7. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Psst... It'll be the 8th :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

That was a test... Good job, you passed! All you other folks that missed it tssk tssk!
  9. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

A bug has recently started showing up in the tower zones, especially on 6th and 7th floor. When something splits it spawns way more mobs then it should.

Heroic zone
    Example1:
    The event in the 2nd to last room on 6th floor where you get attacked by small copies of a group member that turn into hands and then one turns into an evil hand that is the main mob. Well we got 6 evil hands beating on us.
    Example2:
    The Imp named in the last area on 6th floor didn't split into one group of mini-copies when he died, rather 6 groups of them. When we killed one of these groups the big imp spawned again while we stil had 5 groups of small ones on us.
    Example3:
    On 7th floor the bats that turn into vampires spawned two vampires instead of one.

Raid zone:
    The zombies of the spider fight occasionally spawned 2 (or more, hard to say) cocoons stacked ontop of eachother and killing all of them within the time limit is close to impossible.

All these things have started happening pritty recently. As a side note though, tserrina in the last heroic zone seems broken in that the mirrors doesnt spawn the right amount of adds. The first wave (atleast most of the time) spawned 2 adds at each mirror (only spawned one before from what i've noticed) and the later waves could be 4-5 adds or more at each mirror. I understand that this is a dps check but you spend more time running then dpsing and even when sprinting between the mirrors you get completely overrun.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Frain@Splitpaw wrote:
    I will ook into wrong number of groups spawning that sounds like a bug. As far as the Tserrina fight she is supposed to spawn 1-2 adds from each door and keep spawning the 1-2 adds at each door every 40-60 seconds that the doors are not defeated so its possible that by the time you get to the last doors they have spawned 5-6.
  11. ARCHIVED-Leovinus Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Is this a change from before? You stated 1-2 every 20-60 seconds a few days ago. And when can we expect to see the details of any particular fixes to the fight. I'd like to get my quest done, but don't want to burn my mirrors if it's unchanged.
  12. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I hate to keep beating this dead horse, but seriously?
    Five to six? I have *never* gotten to the sixth door with less than 9 mobs there. No, we don't suck. We were in all SF T3 + UD Wing 2 + upgrades from DoV. We once made it there with 9, but usually it's 10 to 12, and I've seen 18+. I've seen us pushing 150k.
    Something is not right with this encounters difficulty versus what I think you intend.
  13. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Seems to take us around 1.5-2 minutes to kill the doors. I've never had any problem with guild groups on the encounter, but we do get more than 6 adds, heh.
    EDIT: Looks like 8-10 adds for us per round when we ran it yesterday. I do love the encounter, by the way. It's my favorite of the expansion so far, but it sounds like it's a bit more difficult than you're intending.
  14. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

The Access Quest is insanely too hard for a x2. We've run a raid-geared group through there working on the access. We've done three attempts now, at about 5 hours each. This is a LOT of wffort to just get access to a x2 raid zone. And the fact that there's not much dropping in the way of loot as we go isn't helping us gear up, either.
    We're finally up to the fight with Tserrina, which goes OK for a while then once you get her health down she seems to ramp up the damage she's doing. Even with a templar and mystic the damage is coming so fast we can't seem to keep up.
    We have a berserker, coercer, ranger, assassin, templar and mystic. The scouts are doing ~30K DPS each, the tank comes in around 15K DPS. The coercer kept Tserrina dispelled. The healers got off about 1400 heals for a total of 3.5 million points healed. We did about 25 million damage on Tserrina, and she healed herself for about 10 million.
    The worst part for us today was on two separate occasions Tserrina ported a healer up in the air, then dropped us BEHIND an ice sheet by the wall. I believe that's a geometry problem - we shouldn't be trapped behind the ice where we can't get out. I was able to get out because she ported me again after I was trapped. Our templar wasn't so lucky, she got stuck behind the ice and that was All She Wrote, we died.
  15. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

it takes us 10 seconds or less to kill each door but by the time we reach the last door we have 20+ adds on us. and when another wave spawns it pops way more then 2 adds from each door
  16. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    You're doing something wrong somewhere. Probably losing the Advisor or something. We have had a Fury and an Inquisitor solo heal the Tserrina portion of the fight with no issues. In fact, the Fury is actually a VERY good healer in this fight.
    If you try to use two healers, you are absolutely not going to have the DPS when you get to the door portion of the fight. We're running about twice your DPS, maybe more, and we're failing pretty badly most times.
    We run various setups, but in general: SK (15-20k), Fury (0 - 5k), Troub (10-15k), Brigand (30-40k), Coercer (20-30k), Conjuror (40-50k) . . . so maybe 115 - 160k. Not enough. We're getting to the last door with probably 12+ adds most of the time. Occasionally if EB hits good on that first door we can get it under 10 adds.
    I hope the changes make this more realistic, but I am not going to hold my breath until I see it for myself.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Frain@Splitpaw wrote:
    Give it a try after today's balance changes and let me know how it goes. If further tweaking is needed then I will get the tweaks in asap.
  18. ARCHIVED-rotaterz Guest

Trying this fight today for first time.. Just gettin over whelemd by adds by 5th door.. We killed the first 3 doors 9-10 sec for each door. 3rd door 2 adds would spawn at it.. ran them to 4th by time we got to 4th 4 adds were there.. and over 10 when we went on to the 5th door.. and the 6th.. umm well died to fast to count haha.. I Def think we had dps to do this fight soem peeps in my group were like wtf faster we blow threw doors more adds we seem to have on 5th and 6th doors. I am a monk tank.. its hard to hold agro on umm over 16 tripple ups that arnt linked. but i usualy blow up before group dies. Our wiz even like 1 shot one of the doors lol.. still way to many adds when we get to the 5th -6th door. Maybe we just suck dunno. haha
  19. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Gninja wrote:
    This fight is still pretty bugged.
    One time we had someone die at around 25%, healing it back into the lightning stage. That worked fine, but once it got to 33%, the lightning stopped spawning, and it was perma-stoneskined. We tried intentionally healing it a few times, but we couldn't unbug it. I'm not sure if this is 100% repeatable or not.
    On the second pull, we had the second curse cure itself quickly and we didn't see an add. I'm not sure if this is something that happens every time after you wipe once or not, since we killed it that pull.
  20. ARCHIVED-Raviel Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    mob is completely unkillable atm, he stoneskins at the 30% mark and no more lighting spawns. i recall that when we killed him previously, there were no stoneskins at that point. im not sure if thats intended or not, but the fix to the fix of the fix broke this mob. Also, could you maybe give a red text or a cast bar or something to go along with the teleport before icy concussion? it seems that sometimes he gives no time at all to move away from him