ToFS Bug List - Heroic and X2 -- Long

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-djrfan, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Also, I don't know what it is, but something Necretia Widowmaker or one of her adds does, causes an extreme amount of server hitching. Both the x2 and heroic version has major issues with this. It results in button spell lag from the script or something, and even crashes the zone once. The x2 version also has a bit too much health.
    Tserrina in the x2 also seems kind of broken. Not sure exactly what we are meant to do during the fight or what grabbing the crystal really does, and she hits for a pretty ridiculous amount of damage.
    I saw her hit me once for over 200k damage as a mage. Also after being turned into a shadow players got a massive amount of health but would sometimes still get randomly one shotted. We never managed to get her beloew 85.
    She had a bad tendency to break every now and then and reset the encounter. She also went immune too often in my opinion, either that or make her damageable in that state.
    Overall, unless either the loot + quest reward is massively enhanced, or the encounters severely nerfed, I see this becoming exactly like Icy Keep x4...a zone nobody will use because it is not worth the effort and frustration.
  2. ARCHIVED-djrfan Guest

We pulled Vhal Sera tonight in the x2 for about 3 hours. Here is a list of bugs that make him, while technically possible to kill, very luck based.
    1. - After killing first doppleganger, no more dopplegangers spawn. Howeverpeople continue to get the curse and curse stays on the entire fight. On subsequint pulls we did not get any dopplegangers but got the curses and they would persist the entire fight.
    2. Bolts spawn immediately after the Ice hits. However Vhal is still rooted. At times if you dont have a raid member eat the ice and not have Vhal hit because he is still iced on the first, you can have 2 bolts up. (not a game breaking bug, but a bug none the less)
    3. Vhal will reset at times if the tank dies, even if no one else dies, and the rest are still targetting and fighting him. We placed everyone in his room also, didn't try pulling out. We only had the tank die when he was under 30%, so don't know if it happens prior to that or not.
    4. When he starts spawning hisreflections, he will sometimes kill people on the aoe even with people farther away than other people that dont get killed.
    5. When spawning reflections sometimes he will not root himself and he will follow the tank to the raid thus killing the raid.
    6. If he kills enough people due to the above 2 bugs and heals over 50%, you can have reflections as well as lightning bolts.
    7. He can heal over 50 when one shotting most of the raid, seen him heal to 59 for sure.
    8. Pathing is complete ...well you know. He will run out of the room through the wall and abck in when doing simple movements. For a fight where the namers placement is key, this is horrible.
    9. His ae when spawning the reflection seems completely random. We've had him port and ae before we mae it 2 steps away(anyone) and we've also had him port, chase the tank to the raid, the tank get him all the way abck across the room to the tank spot, then aoe and kill the tank only. This needs to bea fixed ~3-5 seconds after the port.
    We didn't get him killed, had him one shot us at 6% because he didn't root.
  3. ARCHIVED-djrfan Guest

I was going to write a big review of all the namers and my thoughts etc again. However I decided it was easier to simply sum it up in a few lines.
    While I have no problem with the difficulty of the zone, we can clear up to,imo broken still, Vhal Sera with little difficulty, we are already heavily x4 geared.
    There is simply no possible way this zone can be considered an intro to DoV raids. Most of the encounters have more relative hit points compared to an x4, hit harder than anything in an x4 (Zolgrim) and are mostly more involved than the x4s.
    Otherwise all I can really say at this point is, please fix Vhal Sera more so we can kill him, move on to get the debuff, and never go back.
  4. ARCHIVED-imajabya Guest

yea VhalSera is most definately still broken in the x2 version. Our first pull tonight was THE ONLY pull that the adds spawned on. People still got the curse on all subsequent pulls but with no add spawns there was no way to remove the curse. The buff he puts on himself still continued to stack regardless of what you did to him, up until he stoneskinned at 66. Then he stopped adding anymore buffs. Also at 30 he only spawned a reflection of himself once, and stopped doing that on all subsequent pulls.
    The last major issue is the pathing, him and his reflection run up walls and fly through the ceiling, and im convinced the only way to fix that is to put him on the ground. The entire encounter is annoying and unfun, even if it worked correctly i would still hate the mob. I agree the entire encounter needs reworked. Please re-evaluate this mob.
  5. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

For us, the curse didn't do anything at all, so it was relatively easily killable, though horribly bugged (and unfun, of course).
    The bugs for the fight are almost countless. For example, we had one pull where he didn't stoneskin during the lightning bolt stage for a long time, but then he happened to hit a bolt and did stoneskin after that.
    You really do need to just completely scrap this entire encounter and create something new.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Smart Loot - Still not working in TOFS: SC/UH. Got a few brawler items with no brawler in group.
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Ok, I've tried to understand how this is intended to work, and I still don't get it. I've even defeated the encounter once and I *still* can't fathom what is intended here.
    Obviously, you have to take out the doors, but what mechanic slows or prevents the adds? It's "seems" like a raw DPS check, but this seems like a very roundabout and bass ackwards method of implementing one. It's basically a fail condition, but putting a fail condition that far into the encounter, a heroic encounter, seems rather . . . I dunno . . . lame?
    It would be one thing if we knew clearly what we were supposed to do, but we can't identify any sort of signaling for this part of the encounter. Perhaps the Dain should be giving us a hint? If so, he isn't.

Edit: Figured out why / what is bothering me about this.
    It's one thing to put a vague signal at the beginning of an encounter. You can try different things, tactics, strategies, etc and keep trying different things until you hit on something that works. Trial and error is fine early.
    However, as you get deeper into an encounter, when a new fail mechanic is introduced, it needs to be more clearly signaled the farther you are into the encounter. Getting 5, 7, 10 minutes into an encounter then seeing a new fail mechanic introduced is extraordinarily frustrating when it isn't clearly signaled. Having to spend so much time just to TRY something stinks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Jrel@Butcherblock wrote:
    The stuff in TOFS shouldn't be setup as smart loot. However stuff dropping in terms of armor should be on patterns at least so if a fighter item drops any fighter can use it. That doesnt mean that a fighter has to be there for it to drop.

-- Also I am looking into VhalSera still will get a bunch of folks together here to get him completely worked out. Sorry folks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Oddwhispers Guest

There is nothing wrong with him, other than the pathing.
  10. ARCHIVED-djrfan Guest

2 more hours of pulls tonight on Vhal'Sera. Best pull was 10% before he didn't root/immune and wiped the raid. Tried pulling him out of the room, worked fine until first reflection. On first reflection he killed 3 people in G2(non tank group)then reset.
    Had another fight where he killed everyone in the tank group EXCEPT the tank. Didn't kill anyone in the 2nd group(everyone was together), then reset.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

djrfan wrote:
    Well, the reflection is based on what the person casting the spell is casting. If they cast an AE spell and it gets reflected it will hit the whole group. Be careful what is being cast and cancel your casting if you see yourself get the curse.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gilf Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I can't speak for him, but we're having the same issue. We are dying to Icy..
    VhalSera's Icy Concussion critically hits Toon1 for 86763 cold damage.
    VhalSera's Icy Concussion critically hits Toon2 for 129884 cold damage.
    Etc etc.. that's from my log file. He ported everyone to him and instantly did that.
  13. ARCHIVED-djrfan Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I'm not talking about the curse. That part is actually completely broken and doesn't reflect right now. Nor do the dopples spawn. Well technically one Dopple spawns, kill that and then no more dopples will spawn for the rest of the instance. We are getting ported to him then getting his ae. This ae is completely randomly timed. Sometimes it hits 1 second after he ports, other times there is enough time for him to follow the tank across to the raid then kill the raid because he doesnt root himself.
    The reflect is moot and has absolutely nothing to do with the issues im talking about. It's the ae Icy Concussionafter his port.
  14. ARCHIVED-QuaiCon Guest

Raz_wolf wrote:
    we were in there yesterday and it seems disruptive students got fixed. they are not up at start, they pop on talking to npc and triggering the timed kill part.
    Also they no longer put that crit reduction on us and their hp seemed lower, all in all it was very doable now (had not the best dps setup and still finished with 1 minute to spare).

some points are to watch still: you should make sure all get the update to trigger timed part at same time, since as soon as timer runs out for first person in group all disruptive students depop. Also whenever somoene triggers the timed part the disruptive students repop new, which means wehn you are already fighting a mob it depops and repops new so you loose all time you spent damageing that mob.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Gninja wrote:
    This has not happened, 2 hotfixes later, either that or I am going to have to delete this quest and start it all over.
  16. ARCHIVED-Braska Guest

LAG in this Zone is horrible. Please do something
  17. ARCHIVED-Braska Guest

Tserina buggy again. Tying to do it atm. Zone constantly crashes when someone in the raid gets curse. arent able to login again, cause still our characters are in the Zone/Game.
  18. ARCHIVED-ciralyn23 Guest

Is anyone else having issues with encounter resets when the group wipes? I know the best answer here is not to wipe at all, but that's not going to happen for a while. Picking up and having another go (or 4) at things is to be expected, especially less than 2 weeks in to the expansion. The only real issue I have right now is that due to the buggy resets on many of the scripted encounters, it is possible to get wiped then wiped again when reviving. Would it be possible to fix this somehow? If the entire group is down, please make the encounter reset right away. This is espcially bad at Bride's Scorn. Honestly, it's starting to chafe.

PS - It's also irritating to have someone get aggro on a different floor and subsequently die (don't ask .. I'm the healer, I'm staying with the tank). We're getting hit with zonewide AOEs and have no chance to fight back, and it doesn't reset. I've had to stand still and die to a 1hr debuff several times because there was no other way to clear it, and we couldn't kill the cause.
  19. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

X2 feedback:
    1. Tserrina and Vhalsera are too vague and unintuitive to really figure out.
    2. Tserrina teleports too much, I thought you would have learned to stop with repeatedly making mobs immune after the hate for D'ina in Icy Keep.
    3. The whole entire zone overall is way too hard for the intended audience I would think.
    4. Please, please, please try to not make such buggy/broken mobs in the future. I'm really sorry, but this is becoming a notorious trait people will start knowing you for.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nephiere Guest

Our guild pulled Tserinna a few rounds tonight, every time we got her around 88-90% she would reset I admit her fight is a little vague. I assume when she scripts that the shadows make her more powerful you have people run get the buff from up top. Couldnt really test this out to much since she reset shortly after. I also imagine that we are supposed to use the debuff on her but I didnt see any archetype buffs on her that required its use.
    On a side note we killed Valsera but he was buggy. Once his reflection spawned the lighting stopped and be became immune. After several attempts the lighting was up and we were able to finish him off. One of the pulls we actually had him deleveled down to LVL 2 and then he reset to LVL 254! I got a guildie who took a great screen shot of me tanking it at lvl254 and surviving
    EDIT: To clarify we were running the x2 instance, not the heroic.