Tock's "The Big Adventure"

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tock, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Tock Member

Built many years ago, this guild hall will soon be replaced by a new, more traditional guild hall project. Already, I've cannibalized all the Tinkerfest Memorial Statues in the engine room and on the command bridge for another related project, where I'll be bringing The Big Adventure back to life in other housing zones, but free of the need to design the ship around guild hall amenities and limitations.

Since I'll be moving my solo guild out of the current guild hall and into a new one in the coming months, I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to come check out this original version of my mechanimagical submarine in person while it's still around. For best effect, turn on sounds! I spent a lot of time tucking items away into the structures to present a convincing audioscape (notwithstanding the built-in torches/sconces and those bloody birds in the courtyard, the banes of my decorating efforts during construction).

Antonia Bayle server, T2 guild hall in NFP under "Ethos".

2. Gninja Developer

3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Fantastic job. One of the best, if not the best I have ever seen.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yee, gods, I remember this one! OMG, touring it in person before the breakdown began (siiggghhhh...) was just so awesome. May you re-create it, or something just as manifestly cool, elsewhere! :D

Glad to see you back here among us, Tock! :D

Uwk
    Faeonara and elflover like this.
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Here is the video tour I did of this amazing guild hall. Sorry for all the coughing so did a silent version as well.

Full Version:

Silent Version:
    Faeonara, Tock, elflover and 2 others like this.
  6. Tock Member

Ocarinah, thanks so much for doing a video tour of my submarine guildhall! I will certainly let you know when the new hall is shaping up, as well as the new, prestige home version of my submarine. Going to be quite some time from now, though, since both projects are only in the planning stages for now.

I plan on adapting some ideas from the sub to the new project, which will be a more traditional guildhall built in the Highhold Castle hall. The library with the hanging planetary orrery is definitely something I'm going to adapt and expand upon. That is my personal favorite room. I loved Disney's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" as a kid, especially enjoying the unlikely posh extravagance of certain compartments in Nemo's submarine, and wanted to try my hand at that in my own submersible.

The bridge is my second favorite area, mostly because of the central command console. I drew inspiration from the control console of the TARDIS on Doctor Who, and from the modern Battlestar Galactica's command deck tactical map table.

The exploration skiff is meant to be a smaller craft that detaches from the main ship to go on quick little jaunts. I love the angular shapes of the compartments of Firefly's "Serenity", and drew inspiration for some of the skiff's design from that ship.

I'll be making a video tour of my own before I take down the hall, just so I can comment on things, show behind the scenes about how things are put together, etc. Talk about various iterations and difficulties, plus some nagging details about the finished work that I was never happy with, but can't do anything about. So there's still time to tour this ship, folks!

AB server, NFP T2 guild hall under Ethos. Best enjoyed with sound on!
    Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can't wait! :)

Uwk
    Tock and Faeonara like this.
  8. Karamella Well-Known Member

What an incredible piece of art. Thanks for sharing and making that video, so it won't get lost. Could watch it over an over :)