To the author of the "Clan Slugfest" MOTD...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Perchance have you read "The Oops Factor"? (STILL my favorite book in all of Norrath!)
  2. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I can't answer this, as I am not the author, of any book for that matter. But I am curious - I assume this is a player written book? If so, where do we find those?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The text is at the link I provided above. It's a quest book. You hunt additional pages in the sewers beneath Freeport for this one.
    Sweety D likes this.
  4. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I meant, in general, where are player written books in game? Are they randomly found throughout Norrath, or are the all in a central location that I am not aware of?
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Player written books are wherever players put them. You can sometimes find them on the broker, and sometimes you find them by touring houses and poking through their books. Sages craft the "notebooks" that can be written in and turned into a player-written book.
    Sweety D likes this.
  6. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Thanks! This is an area of the game I have never gotten into, but your post got me a little interested.
    Siren likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sage vendor NPCs in the various town sell a range of book quest starters. In the Shattered Lands, sometimes if clear all the monsters around a camp, a gratified merchant will appear, and they also sell some book quest starters.

Some of my characters have all or most of the book quests done and the books are everywhere. A good example is Bonekeeper on Maj'Dul, whose apartment in the Lion's Mane Vestige Room - Nettleville in South Qeynos is jammed with books everywhere.
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I put my player-written books on broker on my server, or mail people them if they request them. There's even a broker filter for player-written books... sadly, not many people seem to write them anymore on Halls of Fate.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have several books on my toons' brokers on Maj'Dul:
    • Gnomish Dreams (fiction)
    • Dark Elf, Dark Heart (fiction)
    • Something to Do Whilst You Sit on the Loo ("Dad" quality bathroom jokes)
    • Harvester's Handbook-A Handy Reference to Resources (info)
    • Harvester's Handbook-Where Do I Find What (info)
    Now I need to double-check and make sure that they're not sold out or something. I usually stick a handful up at a time and only check back infrequently.

"Something to Do Whilst You Sit on the Loo" is written on an Umbral Parchment Scroll, so you can use that with a White Marble Short Column and any of the "flapping letter" pages to construct a toilet paper roll. I have been sticking these in houses I decorate, but no one seems to have noticed them yet ;)

[IMG]
    Siren, Breanna, Twyla and 2 others like this.