to get really good stuff

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, May 30, 2017.

1. juliette06 Member

is the game like in 2006 i mean you must go in raid to get the best equipement?
    and after instance? then the quests?
    a question alt Z is to find a group to go in a raid you must be in a guild?
    i am not a hard core gamer
    so i would like to find "normal" raid like i did in 2006 and not to be in guild like "pandemonium " or "sanctuna" were errors were not allowed..does this still exist ? casual raid lool!?
    thanks for answering
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

Alt-z AFAIK is for grouping not raiding and no you don't have to be in a guild

As for raiding I'll leave that for others since I do not raid due to having the same experience as you - make a mistake and get yelled at, ostracized and humiliated! No thanks!!!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

If you want the best equipment, yes you will have to raid. If you don't want to raid, though, you don't really need the best equipment.

alt+z is not a group finder. It is only used for dungeons and really only used for people trying to power level using agnostic dungeons.

The only "casual raids" outside of a guild are the public quest raids.
    santargria and Prissetta like this.
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Find a better guild and do your homework about the encounters and what you need to bring for X class and I guarantee no one in their right mind would be yelling at you.

If you on the other hand except everyone else to do the work for you and you dont figure out what you have to do before hand, dont bother at all.
  5. Fleurs Active Member

Il n'y a plus beaucoup de guilde FR qui raid, mais il en reste, la mienne en fait partie, on raid les lundi, jeudi et vendredi, de 21h a 00h, il y a une bonne ambiance, et il n'y a pas d'obligation de raid x fois par semaine, apres, il y a aussi les compagnons comme guilde raid FR, et une autre dont le nom m'echappe.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

I am in my own personal guild - no need to find another - it works just fine for me.

As for raiding.... No worries - I won't bother!

I've heard this argument before.

Perhaps you're perfect but I am not - every one makes mistakes.

Making a mistake should not be cause for humiliation!

This is a game, not a full time job - perhaps so many of you have dozens of hours a week to contribute to the game doing research, min/maxing, researching scripts - I do not nor am I interested in it!
    Sunje and Prissetta like this.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

J ai raidé un peu avec ce genre de guilde, cela ne m'a pas plus car le "chef" insultait les dps en leur demandant de faire mieux ou d'aller farmer telle arme avec menace d'exclusion .. -- bref un gros connard qui chouchoutait ma mystique vu que depuis qu'elle avait rejoint le groupe on avancait vite ...

Ensuite j'ai raidé avec une super équipe dans une bonne ambiance, tout le monde n'était as au top mais ca marchait. Bien entendu on était la pour s'amuser et pas pour être les premiers. Je te souhaite de trouver une équipe dans ce stlyle, organisée, compétente mais relax.

Le pick up c'est sympa mais un peu la pagaille aussi mais en général sur les raids les plus faciles avec un coeur de raid bien équipé, souvent donc en milieu fin d'extension.

Je radais avec les maniums (coucou a Fleurs) collectif sympa et efficace et j'ai de bons souvenir (en héroique) des membres de la guilde de compagnons (sympa et pas le genre a mépriser les joeurs non raideurs). Ceci dit les compagnons étaient un peu dans la compétition mais sans exagération.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Ok. Here's the problem with that. Raid encounters have relatively easy scripts. You play a beastlord, no? They don't have to worry much past standing in the right place and slapping the right mobs. If your raid leader says to you, "move over there." Repeatedly and you don't move, there's honestly no excuse. Especially as a DPS class, it isn't very difficult.
  9. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

If your raid leader says to you, "move over there."

Over there where? When you have been to this dungeon 100 times you know exactly what your leader wants from you. When you are there for the first time it is not that obvious. Move behind the boss says leader. But who is the boss? Little red goblin or big ugly orc? In your first visit you probably would struggle to understand which windows to use to read messages, who is the leader and how on earth do I manage to read messages while the enemies hit me hard.
    santargria likes this.
  10. santargria Well-Known Member

I do play a BL - I also play a SK, Guardian, Wizard, Illusionist etc...

It may not be difficult in your example, however your example is not a typical example. What I am referring to is more like hitting the wrong the damage type by accident thereby healing the mob, not hitting the interrupt in time etc.

Believe me, I understand the logistics of raiding - trying to get so many players together at the same time, buffed, moving to the location, getting tasks and positions doled out etc. take a lot of knowledge and patience.

However, if you've ever had a bad leader you would understand how new raiders feel when they get yelled at for not doing something or doing something they shouldn't have (ever seen those ridiculous videos on youtube with the raid guy having a complete meltdown?... MORE DOTS, WE NEED MORE FREAKIN; DOT! OMFG YOU IDIOTS!!!) LOL it's hysterical! but can be quite true

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...25F7177B74B471EF8A8E25F7177B74B471E&FORM=VIRE

+1
    Exactly

Raiding can be quite intimidating to first time raiders and players.

Not knowing how/when/where to do something and getting humiliated for it is not what playing a game is all about!

my apologies to the OP - trying to get it back on track now
    Determind and Snikkety like this.
  11. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Like there's a requirement that one must be in their right mind to play this game, or take part in a raid. Too many people aren't.
  12. Steelviper Active Member

But arguably many of those people are the ones raiding, if you've ever noticed the "strange" kind of jokes by them in General chat, where one has to ponder for a moment if those were actually meant to be funny.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Your problem is a crappy raid leader. Find a guild. It will be a much better experience.
    Sigrdrifa and santargria like this.
  14. santargria Well-Known Member

Nah I'm good just the way I am thanks
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

Thats fine if you dont want to raid, but you can't just expect to say blatant lies without someone talking about it
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

Can't edit: what i mean is you shouldn't propegate a negative view of something because of your tiny minority negative experiences.
  17. santargria Well-Known Member

My so called minority view was directly related to the OP's post and by another response it seems we're not such a minority after all

Oh and to be clear - my "tiny" negative opinion is just as valid as anyones "tiny" positive opinion since I have first hand knowledge
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

I think you misunderstand.
    My point was that you were making raiding out to be a bad thing full of salty people when really that's quite uncommon. People are nice in this game. There are some bad people, but turning people off from an activity because you have had a bad experience with the 1% of the populations vicious minority is not the greatest thing to do for a new player whos direct question was how to get the best gear. The answer is raiding and proving grounds. /thread
    santargria likes this.
  19. santargria Well-Known Member

I must have misunderstood your meaning as the "tiny" comment really dug into my side.

However...

It was not my intention to shed a negative light on raiding nor on the game itself - I've been here for over 10 years so obviously I enjoy the game and the community.

I was merely commenting on the OPs view of raiding as well which seemed itself to be less than enjoyable for them...
    Agreed though - raiding and PG offer BiS gear.

But if you don't raid, there are many other ways to get decent gear to still enjoy the game.

AFAIK - I'm not aware of any PUR's any more - there used to be a few on the weekends on Skyfire, but don't believe they are still being run... I could be wrong on this though
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

I apologize, I can see how my wording might have been taken negatively. I meant that your experiences with bad raid leaders does not represent the majority of them and most raid leaders are nice people. Again, my apologies. I actually do not raid often. I mostly can't make the times for it and can't commit enough time to gearing up for it, and I still have fun, but it is undeniable that thats where the best gear comes from.
    santargria likes this.