To Devs : From End game Warlocks.

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Modean, Mar 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Oh realy. I'll let people decide about that, and let them check your last posts about how much trouble you have understanding a warlock.
    PS I am still waiting on those 2k+ dps parses on AE encounters from conjurors. Realy you can show them. Cause those are a lie ! You will never see such parses on real epic fights. And that's what this post is all about. Warlocks who do not know how to play their class and come with lies to get the attention of devs. The only thing that the devs will see, is a lie. They very well know what the potential of each class is.

Message Edited by pharacyde on 04-08-200610:27 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

Alzid Prime named in Lab of Lord Vyemm
    Allies: (01:26) 969324 | 11,271.21
    Necro 97473 | 1,133.41
    Assassin 97022 | 1,128.16
    Ranger 80002 | 930.26
    Xede 73792 | 858.05Wizzy 69647 | 809.85
    Swashy 65395 | 760.41
    Bruiser 56558 | 657.65
    SK 56448 | 656.37
    Our Conjuror wasnt there that night...as you can see i can easily maintain 800 dps on a single target mob
    (01:41) 1225341 | 12,132.09
    Assassin 130088 | 1,288.00
    Wizzy 111847 | 1,107.40
    Necro 100972 | 999.72
    Xede 98932 | 979.52Ranger #1 96520 | 955.64
    Ranger #2 90500 | 896.04
    Swashy 90163 | 892.70
    Brigand 81468 | 806.61
    This fight was on 2 seperate Single target mobs in Deathtoll and close to 2 min long. again our Conjuror couldnt make the raid again or he would easily be on top of both of these parses.
    Allies: (00:51) 753039 | 14,765.47
    Necro 68689 | 1,346.84
    Ranger #1 65729 | 1,288.80
    Bruiser 58184 | 1,140.86
    Assassin 55197 | 1,082.29
    Swashy 54665 | 1,071.86
    Xede 54299 | 1,064.69
    Ranger #2 48901 | 958.84
    Brigand 48871 | 958.25
    Dirge #1 39566 | 775.80
    This was off of a single target random mob in Deathtoll...wasnt even a minute long but as you can see 1k dps and not even top dps. Prolly couldve pushed out more if I actually tried.
    So obviously saying we cannot do T1 DPS you are insane. If you take the necro out...you will easily see we are right on par where we need to be concerning DPS. Also keep in mind most of my spells used are M1 of T7 and some T6 spells so in all honesty I could do a hell of alot more DPS if i had all M1 T7 spells.
    If you would like me to show more parses I can...but I think i proved my point of us being where we need to be.

EDIT: just a FYI everyone knows they are being parsed at all times since we tend to have our own parse channel to show it.
    Message Edited by Patrix513 on 04-09-200604:04 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-carlspackler Guest

If you actually read the first post, you would see that Modean doesn't state that conj/necros beat warlocks on every fight (bolded/underlined for emphasis):
    Modean wrote:
    As it stands now WE are T2 DPS with spikes to T1 on AE encounters, but always fall behind Conjurors and Necros.
    [/QUOTE]
    No point in calling him a "liar and touchbag" (btw, what's a "touchbag"?) for your misunderstanding, especially since you are stating the exact same thing he did regarding AE encounters. You must have missed his first paragraph in your rush to insult(? - not sure if touchbag is an insult) him.
    While I disagree with the Utility aspect of the OP, we can use some help with recast timers and agro control than what we have now. I would love to have a spell that took up a concentration slot that I could cast on the MT to displace some of the hate I generate. Sort of a reverse Amends. An FD like what the necros get would be great too though - 5min recast for 100% FD.
  4. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

that parse shows one of my gripes with sorc damage....the large damage range. going from 69K dmg one fight 1min 26s to over 111k dmg on a 1 min 41s fight.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fat T Guest

We may be where we need to be, but are other classes where they should be in relation to T1 dps? Conj and Necro's shouldn't out dps sorcerers on most encounters.
    Personally I believe there should be noticeable (not gigantic) differences between damage tiers, so much that you can't mistake Sorcerers for T2 or Summoners for T1.
  6. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

This is key...I think t1 is 'working as intended' but i DONT think t2 is... The focus has been on us for so long to nerf us to where they wanted us, that they didn't see that other classes had problems too. There should be NO WAY to mistake t1 damage for t2 damage, because the differences in utility, survivability, and soloability are definately defined substantially.
  7. ARCHIVED-Despair Guest

Just wanted to throw in my 2cp here that if Warlocks were given an encounter wide hate reducer, much like healers get, (possibly change concussive so its an encounter wide hate reducer, or AE hate rudcer) then Warlocks could dish out better dmg.....Concussive should have never been single target only anyway.

Tynee
    69 Warlock
    Despaired
    70 Fury

Befallen
  8. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Those are the same parses I get every day, if the fight is under 1min I come short a bit. As soon as the fights are longer our dps realy starts to shine. This is at least two warlokcs that agree that we are T1 dps. Thank god.
  9. ARCHIVED-CPronger44 Guest

Pharacyde, I think what most people are griping about isn't so much the warlock's lack of DPS but that certain classes (namely summoners) outdamage all T1 classes by a wide margin.
  10. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

I think I said that also in my post. That it's wrong. But that it doesn't mean that we are broken as people tend to suggest.
  11. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

It depends on your perspective. I spend most of my time raiding and in the raid environment I find warlocks lacking. In fact, if I was selecting DPS classes for a raid, warlock would be the last class I would choose, assuming all the players where of equivalent skill level and all the toons where comparably equipped. My reasons are as follows; warlocks have no utility; warlocks AE aggro problems are at a minimum a hassle and potentially a liability, warlock DPS against the important named and boss mobs is no better (and often less) than at least 6 other DPS classes, warlocks have no unique spells, skills or abilities that will improve the probability of success of the raid.
    Warlocks are a great class for XP grinding groups where the quantity of mobs killed is more important than the quality of the mobs killed; in everything else they're nondescript.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shaihsar Guest

yall are just repeating what the last 7 pages state over and over the thread is dead nothing you can say hasnt been covered in the last 7 pages
  13. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Well it's not what the parses in this thread show anyway. You might consider you aren't playing your warlock at it's fulliest. Not much else I can say.

And yeah pretty much everything has been said. Some warlocks seem to be doing T1 dps and other not. My guess is that raid setup is the main cause. Might try other raid setups for the warlock.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

heres something MG said

Why? Because there are simply far too many variables when it comes to DPS to ever produce an accurate list that would be applicable all the time. Consider just some of the factors that can and do have a major influence on the DPS a character can do:
    • Level
    • Spell/art quality
    • Gear
    • Which other classes you're grouped with
    • Type of mob you're fighting
    • Level of mob you're fighting
    • Tier of mob you're fighting
    • Player skill
    • Player attentiveness
    • Whether or not spells/arts have refreshed
    • When you receive a major spell/art upgrade as opposed to another class
    • Random luck
    those are the variables of what can make the outcome of DPS parses
    I will say that most Warlocks are not playing to the fullest and just plain suckass. Milktoast ask in the WW warlock channel(butcherblock.warlockchannel) and ask how many raiding warlocks are happy with where they are on the DPS parses. Most will say they are happy and tired of the whiners on the forums.
    I did have a long [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] post directed to you Milktoast but i forgot to copy it before i posted so it went away and I'm not typing it all again.
  15. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Lol, I love how most of resort to calling people names when you don't agree with them.

So besides DPS (which many classes can do well), what does a warlock bring to a raid? Why would you choose a warlock over another DPS class assuming all the classes are played by competent people and are well equipped? I fail to see the synergy, leverage, or 'value add' provided by a warlock that isn't exceed by other DPS classes. Not since raiding the Deserted Mines have I heard anyone say, 'we need a warlock' for this raid.

I'm sure I'm not the 'best' warlock playing EQ2, but I am a competent player, an officer in a competent guild and have raided all of T5, T6 and a lot of T7 with at least 1000 hrs of raid time.

Message Edited by MilkToast on 04-14-2006 10:38 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

you say we have no utility....explain to me why our scouts beg me for our proc we give them. Nihilistics is also a damage shield for the MT....our power dump(not the best) still helps out in those long [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] fights. Pillaging(not worth it most of the time) still gives more power back than consumed at M1.

unique spells...Rift, Dark Infestation, Netherous Realm, Corrupt Gift, Tumultuous Maelstrom.

Ive done ALL raids and defeated it all minus one...Mutegenic Outcast...and have been raiding since about March.

Why would I bring a warlock to a raid?...for the DPS we bring. The procs we give are by far one of the best in game.

We are a T1 dps class which means we don't need much utility and myself I am happy we dont have all the stupid [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] utility spells, we are damage dealers not support classes.

And if you are in such a competant guild why dont you say who you are?
  17. ARCHIVED-Fat T Guest

Yep, we're dps, but when you can have a summoner come in with utilty and can out damage us, why bring us along?
    Also the proc is group only, does your guild put you in the melee/scout group in raids?
  18. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

we mix up our dps groups with mages/scouts to maximize raid dps....so yes i am in a group with melee classes. and summoners are overpowered...even ours admit to that.
  19. ARCHIVED-Fat T Guest

Almost everyone agrees that summoners are overpowered, but that doesn't answer the question:
    Why bring a Warlock along if you can bring a summoner?
  20. ARCHIVED-Romka Guest

Are you 8 or 9 years old?

Why bring inquisitor if you have templar?
    Why bring warden if you have fury?
    Why bring bers if you have guardian?
    Why bring bruiser if you have monk?
    Why bring swash if you have brigand?

Why bring wizard warlock assasin ranger brigand swash conjurer if you have necro?

Grow up.